• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Does anybody know who this character is and what series she is from?

The only information I have on her is that she's supposedly from a 1980s series and the filename of the file I saved of her was "atsuko." I used animecharacterdatabase to try to identify her but the filters I used didn't show any characters that resembled her.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:43 am Reply with quote
She is Atsuko from Mugen Shinshi. That's her in the encyclopedia image, she dresses as the belly dancer in your picture to do some sort of infiltration. I can't remember exactly.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
Thanks! If you don't mind, how did you find out where she was from (assuming you didn't watch the OVA)? My Google image search didn't give me any results and my earlier attempts failed. I've got to step up on my image searching so I don't need to bother others.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I've seen it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
i haven't seen it in a long time and don't have much to go on. i remember that there was a boy who ended up finding a girl who had crashed down in a meteor. as he was trying to help her, they were attacked by a giant monster. she made the boy transform and he was able to defeat the monster. i think when he transformed he had gray skin and a red x on his face. and just before the meteor crash there was a scene involving a pool. i don't remember the character names.
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
^
Could it be This Ugly Yet Beautiful World?

I do not remember the pool scene, but the rest fits what I do remember.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
^
Could it be This Ugly Yet Beautiful World?

I do not remember the pool scene, but the rest fits what I do remember.

that looks right. at least the character did.
gm286

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:34 am Reply with quote
Anyone who can help me figure this out will have quite a huge impact in my collective memory, as this is the one and only scene out of any anime series which has stayed anchored in my mind for more than a decade. No trace exists outside of it, other than it. No references, since I know little to nothing else about anime. But if I find this anime, I will watch this series.

I was very young at the time. Somewhere on TV, someone flipped the channel and an anime was playing, so my attention went towards the scene.

It was a dark night. And suddenly, a girl is being walked in to a house by a friend I think. It seems everything is ordinary - maybe the girl is lonely, or her thoughts are elsewhere. As she walks into the house, suddenly everyone in the house screams "SURPRISE!!" and/or "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" (...) the girl is so shocked by this in a moment's silence. She dashes out of the house with her face expressionless, leaving everyone clueless. I think there was an overly tall but friendly looking guy in the room too.

We see her running, speeding outside of the house. It is night and it is amidst nature and the forestry. She looks up at the stars/sky and says with emotion and tears in her eye: "Thank you... Thank you so much for giving me friends like these." Or something much to that effect if not exactly that.

If this gives anyone even so much as a hint to what the show might be, do let me know!!!! Smile
mbanu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote

I remember it making slight waves due to the stupid name back in 2009, but then I never heard anything else about it. Does anyone know what happened?
mzdel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:50 am Reply with quote
This is a long shot but here we go.
Looking for the h-anime I came across a while back.
Pretty much this guy likes this girl then he comes home one day
and gets a video tape in the mail and realizes its her with some other guys in the tape. Then he continuously gets tapes and eventually finds out its his sister sending the tapes.

Would have searched it but can't find anything on it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
that would be Otome Dori
mzdel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Very good my friend thank you.
nomed44

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone Identify this Anime?

http://s2.postimg.org/i31op1jzr/1417228440295.gif
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote
looks like Sound of the Sky
markcounselor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
The anime that I have been wanting to rewatch I can not remember the name of. It's aobut a guy that wakes up on his 16th birthday to discover that he is able to go in to an alternate world/universe and transforms into a superhero type person and throughout the series he is joined by 4-5 ladies who also transform with him and their objective is to save the world that they keep getting transported to. One of the ladies that joins him is someone that lives with him another is someone he is in love with and there is a younger girl and another school member if i remember correctly. Any help in naming this anime for me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 491 of 569