• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trinity Seven (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Very important observation. I think that this was a much better ED. The first one was so forgettable in a Rail Wars kind of way, while the tune of this feels like it has more personality.

Okay now that I have gone through a youtube binge of my favourite recent EDs, the rest of the episode. It was decent, by which I mean it kept with what it has done so far without getting bad. Straight at the beginning of the headmaster spoiler[making the joke that he was going to mess with sleeping female students], was funny. Especially with Arata spoiler[playing along that he would join in, using such line as "time to get serious"], and that he criticised Lilith for spoiler[hitting him over it because he might start enjoying it].

Actually, I might give credit to two of the girls kind of being outsiders to the group in being aggressive. Gap moe of spoiler[bunny panties] scene still kind of worked.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:
So I guess this is one of those casesspoiler[ where they have to deal with an 'evil twin' huh? I actually kinda like this Lieselotte girl though as she has a more mischievous side. Will we see the full extent of her abilities? I hope so.]

Yui is also having a lot of fun this episode.

Also, Akio's sleeping face <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

That is how you deal with spoiler[being walked in on when you suddenly find yourself waking up next to two naked sleeping girls, telling her to join in]. I really like how situations are defused in this show, he purposely brings attention to it, only getting flustered in few situations where trying to play it off might have a negative effect that he actually went to far. Of note was when he spoiler[accidentally groped the girl], how different it was from how he plays up all the other moments shows his true nature.

Kind of odd that now he is with both Arin and Yui as groupies. Pretty clearly he wants to be their friends he compliments them, but maybe acting a little shallow because he does not want more, they are a bit odd. He spoiler[stopped Yui from going too far, its not just lust on his mind, I wanted to see what he planned to do to her (I was expecting him to like pat her or something]). He kind of went with the joke that they were spoiler[fighting over him, which when Levi and Akio wanted to continue their fight the other two mistook it as one over Arata].
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Ha, I always knew the spoiler[headmaster had a little dark in him. Guess we'll see what he can really do so. Arata looks like he's getting a workout with Akio in the latest episode too.]

Also, Levi best girl.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:52 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

I like it when characters use the spoiler[lack of fully explaining themselves so that they can intimidate the bad guy]. Mixed with the whole dark thing, the spoiler[headmaster is pretty cool]. Similarly Levi is also great because it appears she uses deception to throw people off.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Welp, spoiler[Arata gets kissed not only once but twice in the latest episode! Also, I think we might find out some info on Akio's past soon or at least in the future? (based on the little glimpse of her flashback this episode)]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

So the headmaster spoiler[allowed himself to get beaten, I assume pretending that his focus could be ruined by boobs].

Well the grimoire has spoiler[taken on human form as Sora. a loli (no surprise considering on who is voicing her) that looks like a long haired version of Hijiri or Arin].

The techniques and such were a little hard to follow this week. I liked that they repeated the "spoiler[goal" that he joked about earlier of seeing all of the Trinity Seven naked, which tries to deny].
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
Pro tip: Pythagoras was not a mage.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

I swear, spoiler[Arata is having way too much fun in the latest episode. How much is this guy's life insurance each year anyways? Anyways, it looks like some trouble at that other academy next time..]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:30 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 8:

I swear, spoiler[Arata is having way too much fun in the latest episode. How much is this guy's life insurance each year anyways? Anyways, it looks like some trouble at that other academy next time..]

Wouldn't you be having fun? It largely turns into a fight of who can tease the most, with Lilith and Mira being too straight laced to notice or take part. The best was spoiler[commenting on Lilith as a master of retorts, way too much fun on teasing her].
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:44 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
It largely turns into a fight of who can tease the most, with Lilith and Mira being too straight laced to notice or take part.

I thought they were teasing Lilith a bit too much. A certain amount of teasing is ok and even healthy -- go over that amount and it becomes abusive. It isn't easy to define when but it having the whole group hanging out in Arata's room making potshots at Lilith who was already on the verge of tears seemed like it.

Particularly since Lilith had been putting so much sincere effort on Arata's behalf. You would think once it went too far Arata could have moved to defend her but instead he pours it on and expects more help from her.

Meh. It was more a pox on Arata's character than Lilith's.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Now Arata reminds me of Issei even more. Regardless, we'll see spoiler[Astral Trinity] in action next time.

There's some obvious flags raised on Mira from the latest episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

So Hijiri might spoiler[be a bad guy after all]? I can see that he will probably spoiler[get this grimoire under his control too]. Likely after spoiler[he stops rampaging].

Problem with the episode, if Mira was worried about spoiler[clothes, she probably could have tied the jacket around as a dress].
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
So Hijiri might spoiler[be a bad guy after all]?

For a character that has never appeared all the way through Chapter 9 Hijiri seems to have a lot of influence on the story. Obviously she isn't what Arata thought she was from the very beginning. One of the several places this story is so thin is in its background. There are no characters or scenes from normal life -- not even Arata and Hijiri playing as kids in a flash back.

Stark700 wrote:
Now Arata reminds me of Issei even more.

Clearly that's the model, but at least Arata doesn't seem so determinedly juvenile. Arata makes much more of an effort to be gallant to the girl who is distressed by being exposed.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
Now it fan, now that spoiler[Arata's powers gone out of control and now he seems to be possessed by what ever his powers are. Its going be ugly next episode. I do wonder when things get back under control, which I suspect they will. Arata will rescue Hijiri from her powers of destruction.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3