• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Charlie Campbell & 009-1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quote
When I saw this I figured it'd be longer. Not that thats a problem- I know there are only so many questions you can ask- so much time, etc.

seems like an intresting piece of work. i may have to grab this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
seems like an intresting piece of work. i may have to grab this.

You should check out Keys review of the first disc if you haven't already. As for the interview I thought it very good straight to the point, here's the question here the answer. I especially like that fembots comment.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Reguarding fan feedback, I think it is good he listens to them a bit. I think he has a level head about it, not listening to the obvious people who are just spewing bullshit, but not dismissing the people who are giving their true thoughts in a rational manner. I think it is dangerous to go to the extremes on such things, completly ignoring fans(enclosing yourself in your own self-serving creative box), or listening to them way to much(trying to please everyone). Both can end in disaster. One ending in what equals spending company money to make your own personal story which you adore, but no one else does. The other ending in wasted company effort in which you only listen to others opinions resulting in what I call 'cheese'. Its a balance. And some people work better toward one end or the other, but I think it is important to find where one produces the best results, but not plant yourself at the very extent of the edge.

As for 009-1, it is something I plan on buying. Seen the demo and liked it. I would have bought it already but I have way to much stuff on order right now. I will probably get it when I get the V.2 box(which looks really cool by the way)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
aluria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quote
"It's nice now that people are opening up a little bit to the concept of English dubs. I know they were worse back then, because the technology was suffering, but I read what people think now and depending on who's saying what I give it the appropriate amount of weight."

Man what a cough out. He's blaming technology for sterotyping characters? The problem with dubs in the past was horrible mismatching voice, name changes and totally changing the script, not technology. Can't believe he said that. . .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1