• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Team, Code Geass Writer Make Kōtetsujō no Kabaneri Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mykokoro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
Awesome! Two of the creators of my favourite anime and manga are working together to make a new series? Yay!
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
Can't really tell how good or bad it'll be until we get a premise or plot, but it already sounds better than that underwear anime that MAPPA's doing, so that's good.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
If AOT is any indicator, Witt can do some pretty high quality animation. Add in the fact that it has the writer of Valvrave, one of my favorite mecha series, and you definitely have my attention. Although the title does seen kind of similar to AOT...
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
The last original anime this team made together was Guilty Crown and it freaking sucked.

To your opinion maybe, but Guilty Crown was quite enjoyable to a multitude of people. Don't judge this series just by the team making it, there's too little to go on right now
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
I am infinitely more interested in what the Code Geass director, Goro Taniguchi, is working on next season: Junketsu no Maria. Based on the manga, that should be a pretty nice show.

This recent news is more surprising but less appealing to me. I won't be rushing to watch this.

For the record, Tetsuro Araki did say in an interview last year that he knew what was wrong with Guilty Crown and wanted to prove himself with another anime original project, so I guess this is an attempt to see if they can make something better this time around.

Having Okouchi take the lead instead of Yoshino might be a slight improvement but doesn't necessarily guarantee anything. Valvrave wasn't nearly as terrible as Guilty Crown, in my opinion, but still not something I'd recommend to people.

More importantly, I can only hope that also includes making some changes to how the director and writing staff interact, as well as how the actual subject matter is treated. But I won't be waiting for this with any hype, I'll let others confirm if it's actually good or bad.

So, noitaminA's quest for GUILTY CROWN 2.0 continues. Araki's comments are encouraging, and I really hope they can pull something with GC's level of potential, just with far better writing (that show's chief problem by a mile) and execution. Okouchi can have his shaky moments, , but he is the more reliable of the Geass pair (Yoshino redeemed himself with Accel World, but then again, also he penned the sappy conclusion to Railgun S). spoiler[(If I were being a "cynical bastard", I would surmise that by "knowing what was wrong with GC", he meant that he should have gotten the other Geass writer—which he has here… Razz )]

Additionally, another GC shot wouldn't be complete without having back Hiroyuki Sawano to contribute the score. GC sucked, but the one good thing about it was that it made a star out him. Funny to think that of all the big names announced and attached to that project, the one that was most remembered was the one not listed and even superseded in the (somewhat misleading) music credit (he was relatively unknown at that time). Nowadays, the prospects of Sawano and ryo score would have nearly everyone losing their ****. How times have changed… Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
ZODDGUTS wrote:
The last original anime this team made together was Guilty Crown and it freaking sucked.
I actually loved Guilty Crown o.0

Guilty Crown is not bad, better than more than half of the anime that year.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:16 am Reply with quote
Oh how people are easily fooled with Guilty Crown quality because of the animation, the writing for it was awful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2