• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Incorrect name for Ayumi Kuroiwa

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
person#49739
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-28470.html

The animator's username on Twitter is "Ayumi Kuroiwa"
Can we please fix this?
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:46 pm Reply with quote
There's only one "a" in the Twitter username, so that should be Yumi Kuroiwa (which makes more sense given the kanji). There are no direct links to kanji sources on Yumi's credits except Elemental Gelade, but that one has a given name of 由美. Could just be a mistake, but they should be checked over in case there is another person in the mix.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:30 am Reply with quote
The source (In English) for Yumi Kuroiwa for OVAL X OVER is the official Production I.G site - and the animator in question is in the news regarding their work for Production I.G. Sadly, for whatever reason, the equivalent page on the Japanese version of the site doesn't include the key animators or it would be proof positive.

The GiTS:SAC credit states Production I.G too (and Hiromi is also credited for the show), and I recognise without looking other IG shows on the lists - they're both listed for Tsubasa/Holic for example. One of those times when I wish I'd got those (possibly bootleg, although professional-looking) Chinese Stand Alone Complex VCDs I saw in a charity shop once. We have a kanji source for Hiromi for 2nd Gig, but in two episodes that Yumi isn't credited for, although that source only has partial credits.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:03 pm Reply with quote
So... Hiromi Kuroiwa is a possible kanji misreading duplicate of Yumi Kuroiwa? And they should be merged?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
So... Hiromi Kuroiwa is a possible kanji misreading duplicate of Yumi Kuroiwa? And they should be merged?

That's correct. There may be credits in "Yumi" that are a different animator with the same name, though I'm doubting it. The one discrepancy (黒岩由美) I spotted in the Elemental Gelade source happens to be in an episode that was co-produced by Production I.G so it's probably still the same person.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Yumi Kuroiwa [Both links above are to Hiromi]

Mewpudding didn't specify in the opener, but I'm pretty sure this was the cause of the thread here, so that story will need to be updated after the merge.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if all the credits were checked, but since it's a recent news story I've merged the names already.

And now it's up to the news team to fix the name in the article.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:54 am Reply with quote
I've fixed it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1