• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Darkhorse's Kuroneko spin-off 4 or 5 vols?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:03 am Reply with quote
I rarely venture into the forums...hell, this is my post here. Usually, I just comment on articles. Laughing

Onto the topic, no idea if anyone can help me here, but I'm wondering if the upcoming release of the Kuroneko spin-off is actually for a series that is 4 volumes. Darkhorse have announced the series at 4 volumes, but I ask due to something I stumbled across.

I was reading some reviews for the series I found on a site called SeventhStyle. They reviewed 4 volumes, and I ended up clicking on a link there that took me to the amazon.co.jp page for the 4th volume. Then, I noticed a link to what looks like a 5th volume.

I can't read Japanese, so I looked at the titles for both. And, as far as I can tell, the characters for this 5th volume's title are the same as the 4th's title.

Even though the review on SeventhStyle (contains spoilers) does make it sound like it is the final volume...I'm still kind of wondering why this 5th one seems to exist. Plus, a google translate of what would be the synopsis for the 5th volume reads:
Quote:
Black cat to make recruited the feelings to Kyosuke Kosaka is, there is also a boost of best friend - Kirino in the sister of Kyosuke, and decided to finally confess. Draw a story from the black cat's point of view, Dengeki "sister there is no reason so cute" official spin-off comic Volume 5!

So, am I mistaken here? Is that 5th volume actually from a different series? Any help is appreciated.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:44 am Reply with quote
The 5th volume came out in September, so Dark Horse maybe only knew about the first 4 when they made the announcement you read. Their initial announcement back in April of their license from Sakuracon said 3 volumes.

The manga is listed as ongoing, so there may be more volumes on the way. It is printed in Dengeki G's Magazine so you could always look up the current series for that magazine to see how often new chapters appear.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:01 am Reply with quote
Let's just hope that it sells well enough that they print the entire series however long it is. I like Dark Horse but their track record on completing series is not good.

It has always bothered me that manga publishers here are very reluctant to tell you how many volumes are involved or if a series is ongoing. At least some of them are getting better at indicating the final volume. With some you have to read the blurb on the back to find that out.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:26 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies! I was just wondering about this series, as Kuroneko was the only thing I like about OreImo once things were all said and done. So, I've been looking forward to getting this manga, but found it strange that DH has been saying it is a 3 then 4 volume series.

I've contacted them asking this same question, but never got a reply.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:09 am Reply with quote
I'm reading a story I did not know before, as well. Read I'm not really very useful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1