• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NIS Japan is having financial difficulties

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:50 pm Reply with quote
This week in dengeki magazine questions to develpoers
NIS Japan made this comment

I don't know if it's just fluff to get people more aware of the Disgaea series
but if NISJ goes down, NISA probably won't be around either next year and there goes the anime boxes

I don't know why Disgaea 5 is PS4 only
all the other ones are on VITA so they should have at least done it for both systems.
maybe Sony will pay them off, Idk.

or maybe they plan to get rid of the video game business and do anime only, who knows.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I hope that article is just hype to sell games, too. 'Coz I have the feeling if NIS Japan goes belly up, NISA would, too. As for the anime boxes - the distinctive large size ones are already a thing of the past. The last few NISA releases haven't used them.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I will cry if anything happens to NISA
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote
@Blood-
You say that like it is a bad thing. Laughing I really like NISA's releases for the content, the boxes not so much. They are a pain to store/display and I'm running out of the space I do have for them. I liked the CCS release. The art work is smaller but the set stores much better. Long term, it is the content that matters.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote
http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=836344&sid=b9afed169d38c80641d1b01dc2cd3dd9#p836347
Quote:
Hey doods! Just going to jump in and drop this here for your edification since there seems to have been a misunderstanding as things were lost in translation.

As is very typical of him, Mr. Niikawa’s original statements in Japanese were in jest, which unfortunately doesn't quite come across when taken out of context and in translation.

Mr. Niikawa’s original comment during a live interview with Nico Nico was actually that he might be fired, however, this was somehow turned into the below comment by a Japanese blogger.
「ディスガイア5が計画通り売れなかったら来年業界にいないかも。Bloodborneと丸
被りになっちゃったけど両方買って欲しい。」
We asked Mr. Niikawa to clarify and he said that the correct spirit and translation of the comment is, "If Disgaea 5 does not sell as planned, I, as the producer, might need to leave the Japanese gaming industry. (LOL)"

Mr. Niikawa further adds, "This comment was simply self-deprecating humor and in no way did it mean or imply that Nippon Ichi Software as a company is going bankrupt or is in financial difficulties. I was merely trying to use humor in order to get the point across that we are committed to selling 150,000 copies of Disgaea 5.”

Hopefully that calms some of your concerns. We're planning to be around and bringing fun titles to the West for a long while yet!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for the update, WTK. I can sleep easier tonight.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1