• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Laughing Under the Clouds (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I think it was pretty clear back in episode 7 that spoiler[Hirari was reincarnated, and what Botan says] suggests it's not the first time.

I was finally noticing this episode (although it started from ep 8) that spoiler[Tenka] is completely gone from the OP now (except for one long shot of spoiler[him with Shirasu). Aaaand, then he's back. Very Happy I wonder if they'll redo the OP/ED again.]

So my new theory is that spoiler[Tenka's illness was Shirasu slowly poisoning him, and he knew, but let it happen until he could get his ducks in a row to be executed with the good doctor's help (and Hirari's? Maybe he recognized from old family lore and/or Abe magic that Hirari was the reincarnation of the original one who fought Orochi and could be trusted).]
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I wonder how many people will be surprised by the ending of episode 10.

I was. I mean, I always though there was a possibility that spoiler[Tenka was still alive], but the way it just suddenly happened at the end of the episode like that was still surprising to me. Now I'm really curious as to what was going on during the time spoiler[he was "dead".]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Great episode with the delivery. Finally, it's about time spoiler[that Chutaro is fighting for something right for a change. Not too late to change especially with the task he has now at hand. I think they might cut some of the upcoming fights to make the room for Tenka vs. Orichi next. Not sure though but I'm glad he is back with this big brotherly smile.]

It was interesting to see some of spoiler[Yamainu Squad's abilities] as well. Shame not all of them got characterization. Oh well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
So much for my new theory. Very Happy

Jacquipuff wrote:
Now I'm really curious as to what was going on during the time spoiler[he was "dead".]

I imagine he was wondering the same thing! spoiler["So yeah, Chui's missing, Sora's the devil, your best friend betrayed us all, other than that, same old, same old. How's things with you?"]

Somehow I think the shark teeth guy is going to be pivotal in this. And they never did explain spoiler[how they faked Tenka's hanging.]

New OP images, but not ED. Hmmm...
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

Good series overall. I like how spoiler[they were able to give almost every major character a spotlight in the finale especially the brothers. With the Orichi defeated though, I thought Botan might of disappeared but it looks like she is staying as well.]

The show overall started a bit slow imo but the momentum was well built later on. Rating as good. Dark Horse of the Fall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:51 am Reply with quote
So...with spoiler[Orochi dead now, does that mean Tenka is cured?]

I'm not unhappy with that ending, but somehow it lacked excitement in the climactic battle. Don't ask me what was missing. Maybe I'm just tired. Overall, I really did like this. I just hope Chui outgrows adding "sir" to everything. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3