• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Terraformars & Terra Formars Revenge (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:49 am Reply with quote
More action this time.
Not surprising since there's only 1 episode left.
At least they made it to the pyramid.
So someone betrayed our guys.
Wonder which country it was?
Can't wait to see how it's gonna end.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
A good lesson to learn from the finale/series: spoiler[do not make Michelle K. Davis angry.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
The type of ending you'd expect from an adaption of an ongoing manga. Here's hoping for a season 2.

One thing that bugged me (lol) about this show is how it slowed down a lot. Felt like there were long periods of time where characters would just stand around gawking at stuff and a lot of the deaths could have been prevented if they acted instead.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (finale)

Maybe this would have been more interesting if there was more material. The last episode felt like it was trying hard to validate that it was ending here so they threw in a lot of things. Really I feel like I can't quite tell what it is this series wanted. A part of me was thinking that the transformations could have made more sense as some form of magic rather than just science.

There were some cool parts in it, but it really did not have enough to feel like it validated why it quite a good watch, like throwing in monsters like AoT with gracious violence, and then a bunch of animal powers because animals are cool I rate it So-so, it didn't really grab my attention that much.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:44 am Reply with quote
Reality, despair, death and no way out.
They sort of lost their purpose.
Came to find the cure to the virus, but ended up fighting for their lives.
Third party that's involved in the shadows is making things impossible.
Fights were nice & interesting as usual, but so many things were left unexplained.
This felt more like a mid-season finale.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Terra Formars Revenge episode 1:

Well the show is back...and honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about it.
The artwork changed a bit but I kinda liked the new style. Action was good though and we got some background storytelling already.

It seems like the show is setting up for bigger events to come later so I hope it gets the wheels rolling. I actually liked season's 2 premiere better than the first season though so far
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Season R ep 1
Anime/10, would watch more bug fights.

This is just stupid fun, the problem is if you actually catching yourself trying to think about the situation as the emotions the show is trying to play up are a bit too leaning.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:40 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

I liked this episode. First thing to mention is that the style changed a little, especially noticeable is that it sets a lighter tone rather than the first being quite bleak. The series seems to be including those little small thought bubble like things coming off of characters similar to a manga, and I actually kind of quite like it. Previously it was kind of a bit heavy, and it could not transition well to moments of different tones, but I think here they manage to transition tones well.

I really was not looking forward to gruesome return where we would have to watch people torn apart by cockroach people, and luckily this episode managed to avoid that. I think we saw a couple people go down, but it was not so over the top as last season, and that is to its benefit.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I saw a lot of people on Crunchyroll complaining about the lack of gore. Most of the posts about the episode were quite negative. I personally don't care either way, although I will say that the inclusion of gore did make their situation feel a bit more desperate.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Terra Formars Revenge (the sequel) feels rather different or off from what I originally expected. Still mediocre and the action isn't what I find great either (somewhere between so-so and good) I really hope the season does more on characterization as the first season did have some of that, which I thought were actually decent.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 3

I wonder if they really did their research. The blue ringed octopus is one of the deadliest octopuses despite a very small size with their bites, but they actually cannot produce ink, unlike what we saw this episode. And I don't know what the supposed anti-crustacean poison is.

That last guy appeared to be a pistol shrimp, which was pretty cool.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 4:

This week's episode was imo better than some of the previous ones. I think the show does better job at background storytelling than some of the mindless action at times. Still, the amount of comedy at some moments felt really oddly timed.

Poor Sasha though....
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I haven't actually watched Terraformers Revenge yet, but who is that character at the top of the ANN ad banner, and why do I keep expecting him to say "Ah'm....feelin'...mighty LOWWW."? Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 13

And that is a wrap. What I will say that was good about this end was that it faced a kind of problem with the season, the terraformars had kind of become increasingly less threatening for the most part as they tended to get killed quite easily, except for a few cases (like the dragonfly). Having the end where they suddenly revealed to be on Earth and truly far superior than the humans is a good turn around at making and making them threatening, as well as showing the other hybrids.

I do think that in general this season felt less fun, but it also had way toned down graphic nature that did not feel so extreme that it would get censored. It became an easier watch. I would probably rate it higher than the first season, but not quite enough to push it above a So-so (5/10).

Last edited by DuskyPredator on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:04 am Reply with quote
That spoiler[Earth Invasion stinger was amazing black comedy, the most hilarious part was ALWAYS OFF MODEL VICTIMS (or is the secret that the victims were never human in the first place, gasp)] I was entertained, Terraformars R felt overly "anime" which means as an active viewer myself and certainly others have seen this shonen end of the world battle set up before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6