• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
BTOOOM! BD Encode Issue?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Noticed when my Sony BD player's menu shows the icon for the BD, it shows the one for High School of the Dead episodes 1-8, instead of the icon for BTOOOM!. Wonder if anyone else has the same problem with the BTOOOM! BD.

Sort of looks like a copy and paste issue. Like using the same format, but forgetting to change some of the little things. Like the icon for the BD.

Add:
Just was rewatching Squid Girl TV Series Part One (Disk 1) and the icon for it on the BD player menu is for Squid Girl Vol 3: Episodes 5-6. Looks like they used the Japanese icon and information, instead of changing things for the western release.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote
My player just says "DVD", "CD", "Blu-ray", etc. for everything you put in it.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:

Just in case we are not talking about the same thing, I have a Sony BD player, and you can see it on the BD player menu that shows up on the TV screen.

Then again, it could be just a feature of a newer BD player.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
On my PS3, NO Sentai blu rays ever have a picture icon or the show's title on the main menu screen (including BTOOOM). Instead, it's just a picture of a disc and the words 'BDMV' (which I assume means blu ray disc media video). Same goes for ALL DVDs, regardless of the company that produced it.

However, pretty much every other company's blu rays (Funi, Viz, etc.) display a picture icon and the title of the show.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
@Tars Tarkus
I have a couple of Sony Blu-ray machines. Non has ever shown anything like what you are describing. I suspect it must be something specific to newer machines.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
On my PS3, NO Sentai blu rays ever have a picture icon or the show's title on the main menu screen (including BTOOOM). Instead, it's just a picture of a disc and the words 'BDMV' (which I assume means blu ray disc media video). Same goes for ALL DVDs, regardless of the company that produced it.

However, pretty much every other company's blu rays (Funi, Viz, etc.) display a picture icon and the title of the show.

Sounds like Sentai doesn't care about that detail, and what I am showing is just a legacy from the Japanese side.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:00 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

Just in case we are not talking about the same thing, I have a Sony BD player, and you can see it on the BD player menu that shows up on the TV screen.

Then again, it could be just a feature of a newer BD player.

Yeah, mine is not as advanced. It's an Insignia BD player. The Menu screen just has options on the left side, Settings, Netflix, CinemaNow, Pandora, and two more that appear appear if you insert them, a Media option where you can play files on a USB drive you insert, and the above mentioned disc option, where it just tells you what generic type it is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1