• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:27 pm Reply with quote
anyone know which US release starts the Arc with kaiki and nadeko?
the first arc is the fake one, which is the one where they go on the airplane trip?
traveling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
It's Koimonogatari, the last arc of the season. It hasn't been announced yet.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works TV Blu-ray Box 1 (S) (Import) (US) | http://www.rightstuf.com/i/aoa6301
Quote:
Contains episodes 0-12, plus a wall scroll illustrated by original character designer Takashi Takeuchi (US and Canada customers only), a soundtrack CD, a 50-page deluxe booklet including staff interviews, production materials, and more (special English translation included for US and Canada customers only), and an exclusive novel written by Kinoko Nasu and illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi, all housed in a box with exclusive illustration by Takashi Takeuchi.

Special Features: Textless Opening and Ending, Trailer Collection, TV Spot Collection.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles, Japanese subtitles.

The price of this item is broken down as follows:
Figure: $398.98
Dimensional Weight Shipping surcharge: $15.00
Total Price: $413.98

Due to the dimensional weight of this item, there is a surcharge for shipping this item which has already been figured into "your price."

Due to licensing and contract restrictions, this product can be sold and shipped to North America, Central America, and South America only. It cannot be shipped to Japan. All sales are final. It may be returned for an exchange if defective, but unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works TV Blu-ray Box 1 (S) (Import) (Can/Intl) | http://www.rightstuf.com/i/aoa6301ex
Quote:
Contains episodes 0-12, plus a wall scroll illustrated by original character designer Takashi Takeuchi (US and Canada customers only), a soundtrack CD, a 50-page deluxe booklet including staff interviews, production materials, and more (special English translation included for US and Canada customers only), and an exclusive novel written by Kinoko Nasu and illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi, all housed in a box with exclusive illustration by Takashi Takeuchi.

Special Features: Textless Opening and Ending, Trailer Collection, TV Spot Collection.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles, Japanese subtitles.

The price of this item is broken down as follows:
Figure: $398.98
Dimensional Weight Shipping surcharge: $22.00
Total Price: $420.98

Due to the dimensional weight of this item, there is a surcharge for shipping this item which has already been figured into "your price."

Due to licensing and contract restrictions, this product can be sold and shipped to North America, Central America, and South America only. It cannot be shipped to Japan. All sales are final. It may be returned for an exchange if defective, but unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I wish I was filthy rich. Instead of just filthy. *sigh*
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
And something to note, it's much cheaper to import it from Amazon Japan. Things are a bit ridiculous given they're using a $1=100 JPY exchange rate at full MSRP. It makes the price worse than Fate/Zero S1 and that was using an exchange rate of $1=Around 80 JPY.
Quote:
Here's where we're at as of right now:

LE
Amazon Japan listed MSRP: ¥42,120
Amazon Japan listed discounted price (26% off): ¥31,168
Actual Amazon Japan discounted price (less 8% Japanese tax): ¥28,859
Shipping to North America: ¥800
Handling for one Blu-ray disc item: ¥300
Total: ¥29,959
Total in USD (exchange rate at the time of this posting is 119.28): $251.17

LE w/ Amazon Japan exclusive tapestry
Amazon Japan listed price (full LE MSRP, no discount): ¥42,120
Actual Amazon Japan price (less 8% Japanese tax): ¥39,000
Shipping to North America: ¥800
Handling for one Blu-ray disc item: ¥300
Total: ¥40,100
Total in USD (exchange rate at the time of this posting is 119.28): $336.18

So, really what it comes down to for some folks is this (compared to the LE at Amazon Japan): is the translation booklet and a yet-to-be-detailed wall scroll worth an additional $162.81 (give or take) to you?

Alternately, if you really want something to hang on your wall (compared to the LE with tapestry at Amazon Japan): is the translation booklet worth an additional $77.80 (give or take) to you?
Link

Sigh, not sure if I'll get this from Rightstuf over Amazon Japan. But that production booklet...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dboypr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote
why buy a PS4 when you can buy 1/2 of an anime series Cool
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
Deleted some back-and-forth comments to keep the thread classy. Please try not to resort to name-calling. Thanks.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:46 am Reply with quote
dboypr wrote:

Because that one anime boxset with its BDs, CDs, and written material will get 10x more replay value that any PS4 game would get from me ;p

That Aniplex USA price for UBW I is crazy. Until the yen inflates again I'm sticking with Amazon.co.jp for all of my purchases. I kinda wish I was still head-over-heels for Aniplex USA I really used to love their products. The magic was lost for me somewhere between the Read or Die BD box and seeing that asking price for the Oreimo BD set.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:10 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
dboypr wrote:

Because that one anime boxset with its BDs, CDs, and written material will get 10x more replay value that any PS4 game would get from me ;p

Then you've been playing all the wrong games. Razz
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
dboypr wrote:

Because I'm an anime collector, not a gamer.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
dboypr wrote:

Because I'm an anime collector, not a gamer.

And yet, you can collect several complete anime sets for the price of a single AoA half-complete set.

Between that, and importing these very same shows from Europe at a later point, there's just no other way of slicing it: Buying from AoA is an immensely poor decision that has the fun rebound of justifying that business model.

Last edited by Leland Lee on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:

And yet, you can collect several complete anime sets for the price of a single AoA half-complete set.

Between that, and importing these very same shows from Europe at a later point, there's just no other way of slicing it: Buying from AoA is an immensely poor decision that has the fun rebound of justifying that business model.

First let me clarify I am speaking as a normal poster, not a moderator. What you need to understand Leland is that while it may seem like a bad idea to you does not mean everyone else shares that opinion. If a person really enjoys a show and wants to support it that is their right and choice and it is not a poor decision. They may not want other shows. Plenty of people are perfectly content paying more and purchasing from Aniplex. You don't have to understand or even agree with people's decision to do so, but you should respect their decision as it is their money. I personally would prefer to wait for better deals and not spend that much but I would not begrudge someone else from purchasing Aniplex merchandise. Just my 2 cents.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
http://www.aniplexusa.com/p3m/

Coming 03/11/15

http://www.rightstuf.com/i/aoa5703
Quote:
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona3 THE MOVIE #2 Midsummer Knight's DreamCollector's Edition (Import)

Bonus Contents (Included in both Collector's Edition & Standard Edition)
■Original Theatrical Version
■Trailers
■Commercials
■Audio Commentary

Collector's Edition Exclusive Bonus Materials
■Original Soundtrack CD (Including the theme song "Fate is in Our Hands")
■Exclusive Box Art by Keisuke Watabe (Character Designer/Animation Director)
■Newly Illustrated Cover Art
■ 48-page Deluxe Booklet*
■10 Super P3 Stickers
■3 Key Art Illustration Cards

Aniplex of America Exclusive Bonus Material
■English Translation Booklet of “Deluxe Booklet”

*Bonus contents Subject to Change

Blu-ray Specs
Language: Japanese
Subtitles: English (*Audio commentary and bonus contents don't include subtitles)
Number of Disc: 2 Discs (Feature & Bonus Disc)
Total Run Time: Approx. 99 min. (Director's Cut Version)
Region: --
Rating: 13 UP

SRP $99.98
Sales Price $79.98

http://www.rightstuf.com/i/aoa5704
Quote:
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona3 THE MOVIE #2 Midsummer Knight's Dream Standard Edition (Import)

Bonus Contents (Included in both Collector's Edition & Standard Edition)
■Original Theatrical Version
■Trailers
■Commercials
■Audio Commentary

*Bonus contents Subject to Change

Blu-ray Specs
Language: Japanese
Subtitles: English (*Audio commentary and bonus contents don't include subtitles)
Total Run Time: Approx. 99 min. (Director's Cut Version)
Region: --
Rating: 13 UP

SRP $74.98
Sales Price $59.98
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:35 am Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
dboypr wrote:

Then you've been playing all the wrong games. Razz

My girl and I are actually pretty big on our 3DS games. It's got everything we need. Animal Crossing, Bravely Default, Pokemon, etc. Might get PS4 when the new Final Fantasy comes out. I'm right in the middle of a FF13 replay right now, this time on a 360! I've got a new 5.1 set up since I first played and it sounds awesome.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:

I can buy all of those series and F/SN: UBW too as well. You spend money on things you like, that's how hobbies work. If there is something that I want and it happens to be expensive than so be it; that's what a savings account is for. It's not like things like this happen all the time anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 94 of 108