• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Musume Lets Fans Submit Original Character Designs, Comics

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I can feel it. Sometimes in the next few weeks or months, this will get an anime adaptation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Via_01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I can feel it. Sometimes in the next few weeks or months, this will get an anime adaptation.

I sure hope so. For how fanservice-centered it is, Monster Musume is surprisingly good/entertaining. Plus I believe it'd be the first monstergirl centered anime, possibly the last necessary step for monstergirls to become a well-known thing.
ajr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Plus I believe it'd be the first monstergirl centered anime, possibly the last necessary step for monstergirls to become a well-known thing.

Given that we've gone from maids to incest/pseudo-incest, I can't help but think that monster-esques becoming the next popular fetish archetype would be an improvement.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Well Monster Musume fan art comic it would be nice to enter but it would be hard since its not in english
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
The leap from Monster Girls to Nekomimi Girls is quite small, so I approve! Cool
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised there hasn't been a cat girl yet. But I guess one is so generic it doesn't move the meter compared to half bodied girls.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Via_01, depending on how you define "monster girl", the Rosario + Vampire anime was in '08.
Via_01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Via_01, depending on how you define "monster girl", the Rosario + Vampire anime was in '08.

Yeah, the girls in Rosario + Vampire can be considered monstergirls, but nowadays the term is mostly used for girls that visually look half monster, like a lamia, or a harpy, or a slime, like in this manga.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

I think the definition of monster girl would be along the lines of "girl that cannot pass off as human", which is not the case with any of the rosario+vampire girls (maybe the zombie girl from the chinese mafia could belong into the monster girl category) which can easily hide their fangs, wings, ice claws, etc and fool most humans.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
n September, the official website started asking fans questions about what they would like to see if the series were ever adapted into an anime.

My face when I read this.

Soon. It's coming soon. I can feel it.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:13 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
Quote:
n September, the official website started asking fans questions about what they would like to see if the series were ever adapted into an anime.

My face when I read this.

Soon. It's coming soon. I can feel it.

HAHAHAHA!!! That's too funny. I was just over on their site checking out some of the designs. Folks should check out what they have so far if they haven't already. But they have to do an anime on this. This is a whole new harem anime. If they can capture the same madness that's kept me laughing throughout the manga, then I'm there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1