• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Name: What it says on the tin

Sex: Male

Blood Type: Unknown (I seriously don't know or care)

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: American

Drink/Smoke: No smoking or drinking here.

Likes: Daikaiju, Marvel comics, B-Movies, tokusatsu, some other stuff

Dislikes: Cheese and fanboy nonsense

Favorite Anime: 1001 Nights, Genesis of Aquarion (TV and OVAs), Gear Fighter Dendoh, Death Note, Dougram, Zegapain, The Ultraman, Shin Mazinger Z, Claymore, and Fighbird

Favorite Manga: Never read a manga in my life and likely never will

Favorite Books: Anything with HP Lovecraft

Favorite Games: Ratchet and Clank (original 4), the Rampage franchise (2: Universal Tour being the best)

Favorite TV Shows: Colbert Report, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Hardcore Pawn, Deadliest Warrior, South Park, Mystery Diners, and the Daily Show

Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke Zero, water

Favorite Food: Seafood, carrots, zukini, burgers, ravioli, burritos

Favorite Sites: The ones I miss

Favorite Sports: Football and hockey

Favorite Music: Rock, orchestral, and metal

Fun facts:
-I watch Syfy channel and Asylum movies on a regular basis
-I have different opinions than most people, so much so I am mistaken for a contrarian
-I know Areseven from another site; I think AmuroNT1 comes here too
-I have made dean's list at my university
-Favorite anime genre is mecha and I have seen 90% of the stuff that has appeared in the SRW games
-Did I mention I have REALLY unpopular opinions? As in SEED Destiny is my favorite Gundam series (and yes I've seen the franchise in its entirety)?
-I find monsters of the week one of the best things ever and they should return to anime
-I do not believe in tropes or archetypes or other such things
-I also do not see symbolism/metaphors and will assume there is no such thing unless the creator states otherwise
-I am an asexual, I could not be attracted to anything if my life depended on it
-Go Nagai is my favorite person in the anime industry and the only anime creator who has, at least to me, had the best track record having as many anime titles as he does
-Only two anime ever got a 1/10 from me
-I have built a few high grade gunpla models, otherwise I own no anime merchandise
-Did I mention my opinions are VERY unpopular? As in Kingdom of The Crystal Skull is the only Indy movie I enjoyed?
-With very few exceptions I have seen the Godzilla, Ultraman, and Kamen Rider franchises in their entirety
-I am interested in politics, mostly for news junkie reasons

Favorite Quote: Yeah, I really don't have one

Picture: Nope, not giving away my real name or photo or any personal info about me on the net. I made a fake name once and to this day people (almost exclusively enemies) still call me that in other places.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to the fora, DuelGundam2099!

You sound paranoid, but paranoia can be beneficial! Smile
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I've been banned from a few forums for various misunderstandings, so joining anywhere new does spook me. However, I do appreciate the kindness and hope I am welcomed here. Smile
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Well, just beware of the talk-back forum. I don't generally go there myself; but I hear that that it doesn't have the best reputation for civility. Sad Shocked
A Mystery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:39 am Reply with quote
Welcome DuelGundam! I hope you'll enjoy it here.

I usually don't go to the Talkback forum either. Can be a very scary and dark place Wink
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:24 am Reply with quote
Hey there, Duel. This is not our first meeting. You do have a tendency to get banned everywhere, so hopefully you'll tread a bit more carefully this time.
GEO9875

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
Hello all

Favorites Shows: Cowboy Bebop, Lupin III, Steins;Gate, Ranma 1/2, Big O, Cutie Honey, Golgo 13.

Blood: A+

Favorite Food: Lobster and Fish

Yeah, i know is not much, im a little nervious (social anxiety:lol:) hehe... but is all i feel comfortable to share now... Rolling Eyes
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
GEO9875--

Welcome to the fora!

I cannot say that I blame you for being cautious; some of the posters here do bite, after all (but I do not think that that any of the offenders have rabies Wink Cool Smile Very Happy Surprised ).

I sincerely hope that that you enjoy your time here.
GEO9875

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
GEO9875--

Welcome to the fora!

I cannot say that I blame you for being cautious; some of the posters here do bite, after all (but I do not think that that any of the offenders have rabies Wink Cool Smile Very Happy Surprised ).

I sincerely hope that that you enjoy your time here.
Thanks, and yeah.. other forums I've been, some users do bite alot and it stinks quite a bit... hehe.... Hopefully things will be alright here
Randamo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Hi, just thought I'd be polite and introduce myself, though I'm not planning on being much of a poster.

I come on the site a few times a week just to see if anything interesting is coming out.

Been into anime for roughly 10 years, though I was more interested in GNs as a teenager, the past few years I mostly just watch anime.

My tastes are probably more masculine (if I can be allowed to stereotype a tad); for Gundams I like Zeta, 0080 and War in the Pocket Most, Shinzou Ningen Casshan, Code Geass, House of Five Leaves, stuff with Samurai in it, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Macross in itself and Gintama, just to list a few favourite anime, though I can't really single out anything as an all-time favourite because my answer is always mood- or time- based

Um, so, what else...

23 years old, female, painfully single, dead-end job, travels sometimes (most recently went to Japan in October for a few weeks), my current dream is to save up for a 68 or 65 Ford Mustang, preferably bright red and shiny.

My hobbies include lazy shut in activities such as watching tv and classic movies (at the moment I love Sergio Leone and Disney classics the most); reading classic fiction (currently struggling to read the Tale of Genji), sometimes painting, and building resin kits. Oh, and I also like studying language, well, Japanese. Been doing so very slowly for a couple of years, but anyone diligent studying for 6 months to a year would beat me in fluency; although I like Kanji and spend most time on that.

So I'm mostly a lurker, but if I have anything uninteresting and self-absorbed to say, as most of my posts tend to be, I will say it when it suits me.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
Randamo--
  1. Welcome to the fora! Cool
  2. I just love Sergio Leone's introductory shots to Once Upon a Time In the West. Have you seen that movie?
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Hi!

Name: Cory

Favorite Anime: Code Geass (S1 and 2), Cowboy Bebop, Angel Beats! and more!

Likes: Anime, manga, music, Japanese culture and language, swords, marching bands, video games

Dislikes: Extremism, Arrogance, close-mindedness

Favorite Music: Power Metal (DragonForce is my favorite), concert band music, jazz (Eddie Daniels is my clarinet hero and Eric Miyashiro is my trumpet idol), various Japanese music.

Other stuff:
I'm a total band geek even though I don't play seriously anymore. I main the clarinet and can somewhat play the saxophone (Alto, Soprano and Baritone) and am currently learning the trumpet. I also love watching marching bands even though I didn't exactly enjoy marching in them. One day I hope to go to the DCI World Championship and BoA Grand Nationals.

I used to also be a MMORPG player on WoW, RIFT, and SW:TOR. I don't have time to play them anymore but I was above average in PvE (which doesn't say much if you know what the average is Razz )

I typically prefer non-comedy anime especially mecha ones. (an interesting note: my clarinet teacher also liked mecha anime; he even showed up to lessons wearing a RX-78-2 Gundam T-shirt Very Happy )

I am currently going to college for an IT degree and have built my own PC for gaming.

Nice to meet everyone!
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Cory--
Welcome to the fora!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:22 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
I've been banned from a few forums for various misunderstandings, so joining anywhere new does spook me. However, I do appreciate the kindness and hope I am welcomed here. Smile

Various misunderstandings eh? I hear that a lot myself. For some reason people frown upon you throwing bologna on their faces and yelling I am the almighty treebeard! Can't see why.
Randamo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Randamo--
  1. Welcome to the fora! Cool
  2. I just love Sergio Leone's introductory shots to Once Upon a Time In the West. Have you seen that movie?

Thank you.

Yes, Once Upon a Time in the West was my first Sergio Leone and I love it. The scene that I thought was so well done was in the saloon where Cheyene and Harmonica first meet, with that haunting Harmonica sound and the use of light.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 210 of 233