• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone ever luck out on finding OOP manga?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tamaria

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Alright, go ahead and brag. But have you gotten Saikano V.7, yet?

Well, no... but I was close, though. I could have bought the whole series for €70 if I had wanted to Sad

Quote:
What I don't get is volumes going OOP for series still being released like Excel Saga. I think Basara was also still being released when volumes went OOP.

Yep, volume 19 and 20 became rare before volume 25 was even out. Series such as Excel Saga and Basara aren't very popular, so they don't print a whole lot of copies. As the series draw to a close, the print run becomes smaller and smaller.
hoppersyque?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:46 am Reply with quote
I found a copy of the last issue of the Epic Comics(Marvel) edition of Akira for $1. That issue is hard to find. In a lot of places the going price for that would actually be around $80. A good strategy is to go to out of the way comic book shops in small towns. You never know what you may find.

Another good web site to keep in mind is half.com. I've found a lot of good bargains there. I bet a lot of people forget that it even exists.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:47 am Reply with quote
I'm looking for vol.s 6, 9, & 10 of Setona Mizushiro's After School Nightmare.

Anyone have a suggestion on a site I can buy them from? Amazon and Barnes & Noble are out and I'm wary of buying them thru private sellers, so if there's nowhere else I'll have to fall back on stalking eBay since I don't want to have to re-purchase the entire series. Rolling Eyes
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix--

At the (very real) risk of contributing to a necroposting, I would like to ask you just how you find eBay any different from, say, a reseller on Barnes & Noble.

Here is a used book store that ships nationally; they also will actively look for books. http://www.rarebooklink.com/cgi-bin/kingbooks/contact.html
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Ashen Phoenix--

At the (very real) risk of contributing to a necroposting, I would like to ask you just how you find eBay any different from, say, a reseller on Barnes & Noble.

Here is a used book store that ships nationally; they also will actively look for books. http://www.rarebooklink.com/cgi-bin/kingbooks/contact.html

Thank you for the site information.

I suppose I consider them different because I've had more dealings with eBay sellers than those on B&N or Amazon's independent sellers. It's a bit silly, I know, but I've dealt with eBay's return policies for years on both ends of the spectrum.
perroloco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Now that this topic has been revived..
Yes, I have had good luck finding OOP manga, $50 for the complete "with the light" manga.
And I bought some OOP volumes of Daigo for less than half a dollar in a store in Monterrey, I recently bought the complete Daigo set for like $100 or so.. So it was more or less OK.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3