• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2007 - Seven Seas Entertainment

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Panel Report wrote:
plus a manga adaptation of the Wicked City novel series
This sounds interesting. I haven't read the novels, but a manga sounds like a good way to fill in the gaps where the movie failed. Also allowing as much time as it needs to tell the story, and not rush it. My opinion of the movie was it had a lot of potential, and some neat ideas, but it was not executed correctly, and some aspects were just brushed aside. Lost potential really. I hope they have a decent artist and writter in mind.

Panel Report wrote:
which will tie in to an upcoming live-action film of the same series.
I know Seven seas doesn't have much to do with this, but this could turn out really good as well. If it doesn't make the same mistakes the anime did.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
geishageek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Wicked City manga adaptation? I didn't even know such a thing existed. I knew about the novels and that I'd never be able to read them. But now I have something to look forward to.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, how interesting that Kashimashi is their best selling title at this moment. Cool

And First Love Sisters, isn't that referring to Hatsukoi Shimai?
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quote
The article wrote:
He is my Master is quite risque, but does not cross the line.

On the assumption that American readers have never read the original Japanese language version of the manga, how do they (the readers) know that? Did SSE look into all of the title (that was available)? If they really want to prevent another "Kodomo no Jikan" occurence, then they need to do that.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Heh. Kashimashi is their best selling title right now. That's awesome. Yuri fans unite! Anime smile

Can't wait to check out First Love Sisters and all the other yuri that is upcoming like Venus Versus Virus and Strawberry Panic (both novel and manga). Keep the yuri coming, Seven Seas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yuricon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:05 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Hmm, how interesting that Kashimashi is their best selling title at this moment. Cool

And First Love Sisters, isn't that referring to Hatsukoi Shimai?

In fact, I've reviewed most, if not all of the Yuri Hime manga. Here are the links to the ones that 7S just licensed:

Hatsukoi Shimai 1:
http://okazu.blogspot.com/2006/12/yuri-manga-hatsukoi-shimai-volume-1.html

Hatsukoi Shimai 2: http://okazu.blogspot.com/2007/05/yuri-manga-hatsukoi-shimai-2.html

Voiceful: http://okazu.blogspot.com/2006/09/yuri-manga-voiceful.html

Hopefully we can look forward to "Strawberry Shake Sweet," "Simoun" and "Kotonoha no Miko to Kotodama no Majyo to" in the future, along with the rest of the Yuri Shimai/Yuri Hime line up. Smile

Cheers,

Erica

Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
http://okazu.blogspot.com
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quote
ZERO NO TSUKAIMA AND MORE BOOGIEPOP!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Seven Seas is still my favourite new publisher. They lost some points with the Nymphet controversy (it's bad, but not THAT bad from what I've seen) and the delayal of the Light Novels, but this brings them right back up.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
and are also producing a new manga adaptation of Speed Racer to tie in with the upcoming movie.

Hopefully, the Wachowskis won't be involved. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
plus a manga adaptation of the Wicked City novel series,

AOD claims that they're also releasing the original novels, which is weird, because I pegged them going to Dark Horse. But I guess VHD ain't doin' as well as they expected...

Dargon:
Quote:
My opinion of the movie was it had a lot of potential, and some neat ideas, but it was not executed correctly, and some aspects were just brushed aside. Lost potential really.

It's an action-horror flick, not the Crow. Razz
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quote
More yuri is always a good thing. Thank god for Seven Seas.

I think I'll finally pick up the Boogiepop novels since they'll be doing more. If the first three sold well, the next three will probably do well enough for them to justify continuing beyond that. At least I hope they do, because I'd hate to only have part of the series.
blueharlequin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
New manga acquisitions include ... and In God's Arms (yaoi).

Oh happy day, someone finally licensed some artful angsty if not PWP yaoi. I was wondering when Nekota Yonezou would get noticed, hopeless fangirl that I am.
Quote:
The Boogiepop light novel franchise, which was the company's first license and was on a "trial run" for the first 3 volumes, is back on track. Volumes 4 through 6 have been scheduled for release.

All I can say about this is "YAY!" Waiting . . .
child of Lilith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
ZERO NO TSUKAIMA AND MORE BOOGIEPOP!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Seven Seas is still my favourite new publisher. They lost some points with the Nymphet controversy (it's bad, but not THAT bad from what I've seen) and the delayal of the Light Novels, but this brings them right back up.

They are my favourite publisher too. I had no idea that Boogiepop was on a trial run.I just thought they were being slow with the next book after doing all that stuff with the mangas. I'm sure glad they are going to bring out the other books. The Nymphet controversy but a black mark on their record for me, but I blame the guy in charge rather then the company itself. He should really have thought twice about getting Nymphet. He said he changed his mind on the manga after he read later volumes because they went over the line of what would be ok for a US release , but the stuff in the first volume was allready over that line. If he had just said the controversy was the reason he stoped the release I would have been fine with it, but he went and blamed it on the content of later volumes. I hate it when people wont just say that they made a mistake. Evil or Very Mad
Sir Hamilton

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quote
I'm so happy Seven seas is finally going to bring some yuri stateside I'm so tired of being a yuri fangirl with no good material to back up my fandom~

All the yaoi fangirls have like piles of the stuff at their houses I'd like something other than scanlations plsthnx

Thanks Seven Seas my appreciation is endless.
bleuster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I just thought they were being slow with the next book after doing all that stuff with the mangas.

That's what I thought, but considering that Borders had them months before being sold elsewhere, I guess they were seeing exactly how many people took up that opportunity

I'm just ecstatic. This is only one of two announcements I've been waiting for (the other being DMP's word on ROBOT).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:54 am Reply with quote
Ah, Boogiepop, how I've missed you... Very nice to see Seven Seas has chosen to continue with them.

bleuster wrote:
...but considering that Borders had them months before being sold elsewhere...

If I may say so, I just hope they don't undertake any kind of exclusivity agreement again. Out of the Borders stores in my area, only two ever had them during Border's six-month head start. Yeah, it just didn't work out in this neck of the woods.
child of Lilith

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:
Ah, Boogiepop, how I've missed you... Very nice to see Seven Seas has chosen to continue with them.

bleuster wrote:
...but considering that Borders had them months before being sold elsewhere...

If I may say so, I just hope they don't undertake any kind of exclusivity agreement again. Out of the Borders stores in my area, only two ever had them during Border's six-month head start. Yeah, it just didn't work out in this neck of the woods.

Yeah, Borders can really be hit or miss. I'm just glad that if all else fails there is a anime specialty store in my area I can check if I cant find what I need at the other book stores. Their prices are sometimes a little more but its worth it to get that hard to find anime or manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2