• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[todo] Merge: Deko Akao (#51810) -> Hitomi Mieno (#24182)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Still needing some more information on this one. Several sources (including Japanese Wikipedia) claim that Deko Akao is an alias of Hitomi Mieno (and one user has entered info about Mieno for Akao on that assumption). I'm still trying to find official proof of it, though, as the sources I've come across have been no help in that regard. On Mieno's works list, the only anime script credit listed is Hell Girl: Three Vessels, but that was actually credited to Mieno and not Akao.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:18 pm Reply with quote
This is an interesting person. I'm wondering if there won't be any official sources because she is purposefully keeping her two jobs separate. That being said, I notice that Akao is credited with script on Abnormal Psychology Seminar and Mieno did the theme song lyrics. There is also overlap in Akahori Gedō Hour Rabuge and Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future. I think the best bet would be to look for press material or interviews and Japanese on disc extras from one of those, probably Pretty Rhythm because that was her highest powered job. Perhaps she makes mention of something there.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
I think the best bet would be to look for press material or interviews and Japanese on disc extras from one of those, probably Pretty Rhythm because that was her highest powered job. Perhaps she makes mention of something there.

Taking a look at the edits history on Japanese Wikipedia, the name "Deko Akao" was mentioned in Mieno's entry since 2006-11-14, and the name itself has apparently never had a separate entry since it was created as a redirect on 2007-12-05. Besides Akahori Gedō Hour Rabuge (the listing for Zettai Seigi Love Pheromone is redundant, as its episodes are combined with Soreyuke! Gedō Otometai as a part of that series), the only other earlier anime script works (currently unlisted on ANN) are Lime-iro Ryūkitan X, Happy Seven, and Lemon Angel Project.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1