• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:08 pm Reply with quote

The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls (TV)

Genres: Music

Plot Summary:There are many idols with long-established talent agency 346 Production. And now the company is starting a new program, the Cinderella Project!

Girls leading normal lives...

They are chosen to be aspiring idols and see another world for the first time in this Cinderella story. Can they all climb the stairs that lead to the palace?

The magic begins now...
----------------------------------

Episode 1:
A good start so far in terms of establishing the spoiler[theme of the show and introducing two of the main characters. I like Rin already with her coolness. Not sure yet what I think about the producer yet though since his personality seems to contrast quite a bit from the first season.]

The OP song was alright as well. I heard that the pacing might indicate a split cour but we'll see.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:17 pm Reply with quote
the producer is amusing. Hopefully he gets better at his job
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I gotta admit, that spoiler[photograph with the idols together is pretty cute. Rin is fitting in with the others now and Producer is doing a good job getting people together. I can't wait to see them take to the stage soon.]

I wonder how many songs will they will sing during this season though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Err. . . I guess there's not much to discuss about the show but I'll throw in my dirty bills.

In comparison to its predecessor, this show doesn't seem to be charming me much at all. I find a lot of the selected girls to be annoyances especially that one girl with the cat-imitation gimmick. The girl with the heavy accent (not the foreigner, Anastasia?) doesn't float my boat either.

I was expecting to find Rin's character appealing to me but I just feel dead towards her. It must be the cynic inside me. Mio is a bit annoying for me with her energetic personality -- which is a type I find to be hit or miss for me. I originally didn't favor Uzuki too much but she's growing on me.

So I guess the core of my complaint is that many of these girls have gimmicky traits that bother and make them somewhat unlikable for me. I hope that changes as we delve into their personal episodes (if this does follow the format of the previous Idolm@ster).

On an additional note, I think of Broducer as somewhat different adult version of Hachiman. Laughing
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
So far, I have felt the episodes have been a more effective presentation than the Main franchises first official season.

Im@s was handcuffed to several years of game canonized traits that have already been acted by there seiyuus and thus had to follow through said traits in the anime, while true ICG cast is following a similar path in promotion there hasn't been as much material for fans to "already know the characters" so there is a chance to go into territory of "new idols" without too much advanced expectation of the plot.
mbanu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:33 am Reply with quote
An interesting and thoughtful commentary on internet privacy, worth re-visiting.

Daisuke Matsuo knocks it out of the park with his portrayal of Delinquent A -- while many prefer his more famous work as Couple Man in To Love-Ru, I believe that this is truly his finest work. Also a shout-out to Akira Amemiya, whose rock-solid mechanical animation was a clear precedent to his masterful work on Inferno Cop.

Lots of disagreement over the music, of course -- who delivered the best version of "The [email protected]", the 765PRO All Stars or the Eriko Nakamura & Akiko Hasegawa & Asami Imai & Mayako Nigo & Azumi Asakura & Hiromi Hirata & Asami Shimoda & Yumi Hara & Manami Numakura? While passions run high, I'm glad to see that the fandom remains civil.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1