• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How to Submit Series Relations.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:04 am Reply with quote
Coquidragon wrote:
Here there is only the anime special episode. This special prologue to the movie also has a manga adaptation, which does not have a page, and is not reflected in this, the movie's, nor the Fairy Tail's page.

This thread is for linking existing encyclopedia entries together. If you want to submit a manga that isn't yet in the encyclopedia at all, the place to submit it is: animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/new-manga.php
rti9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:29 am Reply with quote
Star Driver the Movie is a remake of Star Driver (TV): same core story, but with heavy editing to fit into a movie format and a few new scenes.
geeksquads

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Kamisama Kiss has two OVA sequels.

The Kamisama Kiss OVA entry needs to be created and added to the related anime sections of both entries. The OVA was first released on August 26, 2013 according to English Wikipedia... (and August 20, 2013 according to ANN and Japanese Wikipedia)
The OVA episode titles are:

• Kamisama, Suterareru (神様、捨てられる)
  • Kamisama, Onsen ni Iku (神様、温泉にいく)

Sources:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-07/kamisama-kiss-manga-to-bundle-new-original-anime-dvd
http://myanimelist.net/anime/18661/Kamisama_Hajimemashita_OVA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamisama_Kiss#Anime
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/神様はじめました#OVA
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
The anime Aki ga Ippai (special), Yume Ippai!! (special), Matsuri ga Ippai! (special), and Yakusoku no Magic D (special) are all apparently specials of the Kobo-chan franchise. They should all have a link to either Kobo, the Li'l Rascal (manga) or Kobo-chan (TV). I'm not sure of the relationship . . . since some of them seem to have come out before the TV series started, maybe they should be linked as separate adaptations of the manga. They should at least be linked up with the "related" relationship to either the manga or TV series if no one knows for sure how they are related.

Source: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7335

Also, while I'm posting here, there are still a bunch of things I've posted about earlier in this thread that haven't been linked up yet.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:09 am Reply with quote
Nothing I've posted about here has been acted on in over a year. Should I be making separate topics for everything instead of posting about them here? Anyway, here is another thing I think should be linked:

Aoyama Gōshō Tanpen-shū
Aoyama Gōshō Tanpen-shū 2

Each of those consists of three animated short stories by Aoyama Gōshō. The stories aren't plot related as far as I know, but I still think the two OAVs should have a link, since they are clearly related from a production standpoint. I think they should probably be linked just with the "related" link.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
Ikkitousen's new OVA needs added to the rest of the Ikkitousen franchise:

anime#2572
anime#16331
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rti9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE: Kagayaki no Mukōgawa e! is a direct sequel of The IDOLM@STER (TV). The idols have just regained their TV program "生っすか" (now named "生っすか Revolution") as said in the end of the TV series.
Lupica

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:41 am Reply with quote
The Sengoku BASARA related anime links are a mess at the moment (someone reported it here animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2866211 too.)

These three titles are all part of the first Sengoku BASARA anime project and should be linked:

TV series Sengoku BASARA (original, currently correct)
TV series Sengoku BASARA 2 (sequel, currently correct)
Movie Sengoku BASARA The Last Party (sequel, currently listed as 'related' despite continuing the story)

The above three anime are all related, and roughly follow the same timeline. There's a minor inaccuracy in the attribution for the movie but the next is the real problem.

Sengoku BASARA - End of Judgement (related anime, currently listed as a sequel to TV series Sengoku BASARA 2)

The last one doesn't follow on from any of the others and shouldn't be listed as a sequel. It's by a different team, based on a different game timeline, and abandons all of the story from the first project. It should be in the encyclopedia as a related title instead; it's not a sequel, spin-off or side story.

I really hope you can help.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Lupica wrote:
It should be in the encyclopedia as a related title instead; it's not a sequel, spin-off or side story.

Corrected, but based what you've said it does sound like what we would term as a "alternate retelling." Same characters, but a different timeline. Unless this is incorrect, I've set it as such.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lupica

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:02 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Lupica wrote:
It should be in the encyclopedia as a related title instead; it's not a sequel, spin-off or side story.

Corrected, but based what you've said it does sound like what we would term as a "alternate retelling." Same characters, but a different timeline. Unless this is incorrect, I've set it as such.

Thank you! I think it's debatable (the first series covered events leading up to what would have been equivalent to the year 1582 then the alternate version covered the equivalent of 1598-1600 - with a different backstory) but it does use the same characters. Either way, this change really helped make it a lot less confusing so I'm very happy with it Smile
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:52 am Reply with quote
Bolaum wrote:
Why can't I find anything about Onimonogatari in the encyclopedia? I can find all the parts except this one.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:19 am Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Bolaum wrote:
Why can't I find anything about Onimonogatari in the encyclopedia? I can find all the parts except this one.

First, this thread is about linking existing encyclopedia entries, so if you can't find something in the encyclopedia at all, then this is the wrong place to post about it (the thread name seems poorly chosen, since a lot of people seem to make that mistake).

Second, Onimonogatari is apparently one of the story arcs of Monogatari Series Second Season. Those aren't shows or seasons into themselves, but just story arcs of one season of the Monogatari series. Notice that the Monogatari Series Second Season page has links to five releases labeled as volumes 1-5, but that each release has a different name (e.g., "Nekomonogatari White - Tsubasa Tiger" or "Onimonogatari - Shinobu Time"). For some reason they are titling each release after the story arc, but they are still all part of one season of the show.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
(the thread name seems poorly chosen, since a lot of people seem to make that mistake).

I can rename it if you like; what do you think should be the new title?
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:31 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Calathan wrote:
(the thread name seems poorly chosen, since a lot of people seem to make that mistake).

I can rename it if you like; what do you think should be the new title?

Maybe something like "Memorandum: How to submit links between encyclopedia entries", or something like that. A lot of the things I've posted here have never been acted on though, so I'm not sure if anyone with the right encyclopedia permissions to link pages regularly checks the thread. It might be better to just retire the thread and have people post a new thread when they find entries that need to be linked.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:26 am Reply with quote
This seems kinda long. How about "How to submit series relations"?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 26