• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
myAnime 2 [A question about...]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Under the banner: My ANN, then under Personal My Anime 2 (beta) is very confusing about how to use it, anyone with information on how it works and what is the use of it when below it is the My Anime area where its simple to use and update and just seems to be a better system over all with the whole ease of use thing.

Can one just transfer the old lists to the new (beta) ? also its just odd in the way its set up very confusing, is there a manual on how to use the beta area?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

Unfortunately there is no manual at this time.

Yes, you can import to myAnime 2, but once that is done, you can not export back.

Please note that myAnime 2 Beta does not include the "collection" aspect of myAnime. It only tracks what you've viewed, not what you own.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Quote:
Please note that myAnime 2 Beta does not include the "collection" aspect of myAnime. It only tracks what you've viewed, not what you own.

Thanks for saying that. I figured I just hadn't found it yet. Unfortunately this makes it useless for me. I'm interested in tracking what I own. What I've watched is a mish-mash of half remembered series I have, series I gave away, and shows I streamed in whole or in part. Since I assume that the original My Anime will go away when 2 becomes final I guess I'll stick to my spreadsheet.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:46 pm Reply with quote
The reason MyAnime 2 is still beta (besides the bugs) is that it doesn't have all the functionality of MyAnime 1. Obviously we wouldn't replace MyAnime with a crippled version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the response. Maybe I'll give MyAnime a try. It will be a lot of data entry though. Something I should have started 10 or 12 years ago. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1