• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are you reading right now? Why?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Just finished up Kiss of the Rose Princess Vol.01 It's both silly and pretty with some great gags, maybe even parodies of the shoujo genre and I really can't wait for more. I love the artwork so much. I want to buy Aya Shouto's other series as well.

Just..........DAT ART. *.*
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Since I started watching the anime, I decided to read the Yona of the Dawn manga.

OH. MY. GOD.

I love this series! I've been looking for another shojo where I didn't want to bang my head against something for so long. Great characters and I love the art.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
^ I am holding off on reading that until after the anime is over. It's hard to wait though. But this will be the first series since Chihayafuru I read Online (still hoping for a license though)

I also just finished the first two volumes of Barakamon (which is the first new series I collected in awhile). It's just as fun as the anime and there are even a few chapters that got left out of the anime.

Also at the back of the book there is info on the island where the story takes place which I appreciate.

I am definitely looking forward to the volumes that go past the anime.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:01 am Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
^ I am holding off on reading that until after the anime is over. It's hard to wait though. But this will be the first series since Chihayafuru I read Online (still hoping for a license though)

I also just finished the first two volumes of Barakamon (which is the first new series I collected in awhile). It's just as fun as the anime and there are even a few chapters that got left out of the anime.

I'm stuck somewhere around volume 23 of Chihayafuru because we haven't gotten any new volumes in the break room. ^^;; Want to read more! But I can't buy because no space!

Barakamon is wonderful~ It only gets better, too. I hope the spin-off Handa-kun will also be licensed so you can read it. The first volume had me laughing so hard.

Finished reading the 9th Shinrei Tantei Yakumo novel the other day. Great stuff. And ugh, that ending! Probably have to wait at least another year for the next volume to find out what becomes of Yakumo.

After marathoning the Kamisama Hajimemashita anime in a day, I've started reading the manga. Blew through the first two volumes today. The art's off to a bit of a rough start but I expect it to get more refined later.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:16 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
After marathoning the Kamisama Hajimemashita anime in a day, I've started reading the manga. Blew through the first two volumes today. The art's off to a bit of a rough start but I expect it to get more refined later.

Don't worry; by the time you get to vol. 4, the art has gotten pretty nice.

I've been flipping back in forth between this one and Yona. Anime hyper Both are hard to put down!
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Read v 5 and 6 of Yakitate Japan. I think I'm happy to have finished this first arc out and not be left hanging, but yeah, unless I'm really into either shonen tourneys or bread, I think I'm good here. Someone into that stuff would like it a lot more than I did. I still feel like Hunter X Hunter is the only appropriate onslaught of shonen tourneys that I can excuse only being shonen tourneys.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Don't worry; by the time you get to vol. 4, the art has gotten pretty nice.

I've been flipping back in forth between this one and Yona. Anime hyper Both are hard to put down!

Yup. I'm in the middle of uh.... 6 now? The events near the end of the first season and how they happened in the manga are quite different. I was a bit surprised at that. Though I guess they changed it in case they couldn't get a second season. ^^;

Kamisama Hajimemashita will have to be put on hold for a little bit though because I just bought Handa kun vol. 3 (Barakamon spin-off). Also got Dear Girl ~Stories~ Hizuki vol. 4, which is the last in the series.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Tonari no seki kun

Got the first volume, i can see why the anime was short episodes as the book is may small chapters too and I really enjoyed it. I particularly liked the P.E lesson one where yokoi doesnt want to step on any cute cat faces he drew. Im looking forward to the next one.

A brides story

Volume 6 arrived, it was in unusual shape, some kind of binding mishap so im having words with the book depository about it but i managed to read the volume and its a really good one. Its back to the story of amir and her former family making moves again which leads into quite the conflict, a lot of action in a series that's usually so peaceful.

Barakamon

Had volumes 1&2 sitting about for a while now so i got stuck into em. when the anime aired it was my favorite anime of that season so its nice to see that they had stuck close to the manga for it. The characters are just as loveable and a lot of the gags are in there too. More importantly naru's manly face gag was in there too as i loved that bit.

Gonna make moves to read more of my stuff as im creating quite the backlog here in a mad dash to get everything i want before it vanishes.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:12 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
The events near the end of the first season and how they happened in the manga are quite different.

I highly suspected that. Anime hyper Sometimes anime!Nanami felt a trifle OOC to me.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:22 am Reply with quote
Read Handa-kun vol.3 (Barakamon spin-off) today. I had a really hard time containing my laughter on the train. XDDD Sooooooo funny!!!

I really, really, really hope this'll get an OAD or something in the future.
butterum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote
After finishing the Ranma 1/2 manga I was so disappointed because I loved the series sooo much and not only do I want more but I felt the ending Rumiko Takahashi ended the manga with did not do the story and the characters justice. It was a well written manga and deserved a great/epic ending. I think that she should re-open the manga and give us another volume or two to give it the finale it deserves. (Or just continue it forever Razz )
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:11 am Reply with quote
It has been 18 years since the end of the manga. I really doubt that any such thing is going to happen. You just have to imagine your own.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
It could be that she did not write a more conclusive ending to Ranma 1/2 because she wanted to be able to go back to it later. So it is possible that she might give us more, but I do not really expect it to happen.
As Alan45 said, it has been a long time.

And, although I would not mind more of Ranma and Akane, I think that the ending of the series is fine the way that it is.
Also, I am enjoying Rin-ne and I do not feel any desire for her to quit doing that yet.

I do wish that she would do more short stories.
I do not know if she has not been writing any short works recently or if we are just not getting them here.

Since I have enjoyed literally all of her work that I have read I will have no complaints about whatever she decides to do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:07 am Reply with quote
^Why hasn't Rinne been animated yet!? Confused

I read Bloody Cross volume 01 last night. Artwork is a little wonky; sometimes the characters' heads look way too small o_O but I like the story and the two protagonists. It should really be called "Betrayal Cross" because all they do is stab each other in the back. Laughing And the sexual tension is high....of course.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:43 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
^Why hasn't Rinne been animated yet!? Confused

There's an adaption starting to air soon, I'm sure.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 125 of 154