• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuki Ohta - Verification Help

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quote
While adding credits for the new PreCure movie, I discovered that our Yuki Ohta (person#79441) is quite a few people. I need some help verifying credits before I split:

Yuki Ohta
太田優喜
Re: Cutie Honey (OAV) : In-Between Animation (太田優喜; eps 1-2)
Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar (OAV) : Key Animation (ep 1)
(2001) INTERSTELLA 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem (movie) Animation
(2007) Yes! Precure 5 (TV) : Key Animation (eps 1-2, 8)
(2003) Air Master (TV) : In-Between Animation (Kagura; 6 episodes)
(2004) Interlude (OAV) : In-Between Animation (eps 1-3)
(2004) (The) Place Promised in Our Early Days (movie) : In-Between Animation (Kagura)
(2006) Binbō Shimai Monogatari (TV) : Key Animation
(2009) First Squad - The Moment Of Truth (OAV) : 2nd Key Animation

太田夕樹
(1999) Soreike! Anpanman: Yuuki no Hana ga Hiraku toki (movie) : Background Art
(2001) Soreike! Anpanman: Gomira no Hoshi (movie) : Background Art (Atelier Lascaux)

太田有紀
(2011) Suite Precure (TV) : Production Advancement (10 episodes)
Smile Precure! (TV) : Production Advancement (17 episodes)
Dokidoki! Precure (TV) : Production Advancement (12 episodes)
Eiga Precure All Stars: Haru no Carnival (movie) : 製作担当
(1999) One Piece (TV) : Production Advancement

太田友紀
(1997) Soreike! Anpanman: Niji no Pyramid (movie) : Background Art (Atelier Lascaux)

太田夕紀
(1998) Soreike! Anpanman: Tenohira o Taiyō ni (movie) : Background Art
(2000) Soreike! Anpanman: Ningyo Hime no Namida (movie) : Background Art (Atelier Lascaux)
(2001) Soreike! Anpanman: Gomira no Hoshi (movie) : Background Art (Atelier Lascaux)
(2002) Soreike! Anpanman: Roll to Lola Ukigumo Shiro no Himitsu (movie) : Background Art

It seems likely that the Anpanman animator is the same person but it's also possible that they had animators from the same studio, working on the same project, with the same name and that's why there's some overlap?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:01 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:

It seems likely that the Anpanman animator is the same person but it's also possible that they had animators from the same studio, working on the same project, with the same name and that's why there's some overlap?

The background artist is unlikely to be more than one person. The credits probably were mistaken on the kanji for a few of those Anpanman movies, or else the site transcribing them got it wrong.

太田
太田友
太田夕紀

I would think 太田夕紀 is more likely to be the correct name since it appears in more sources and matches 2/3 on both given name kanji out of the variants.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1