• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEW APPLESEED MOVIE TRAILER....

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:47 am Reply with quote
hello, i recently followed a link from your site to the new appleseed trailer at yamato-toys.co.jp, and this link re-directed
me to a "not found" page. has the trailer been removed from this site? and if so, is it available anywhere else? at the risk of sounding like a drug addict, appleseed is the reason i became a manga illustrator. shirow is the standard by whitch i compare similar manga to. i must know if it is available anywhere....
oh man, im fiending here, please help me out:) much thanks
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:16 am Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=2117

the reason for the dead link is because the trailer is over a year old. the average life of a webpage on the net is ~100 days.

i would be surprised if anyone kept a copy of the trailer..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
babar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:33 am Reply with quote
thanks cookie, i had no idea as i thought shirow had just abandoned the idea of completing book 5 long ago and had no interest in the title anymore......maybe some of the cats on mirc have got it> thanks again!
eva05

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I wish Shirow would go back and finish Appleseed. It's odd that he lost interest in the only title he was writing with any depth IMHO.

Everything else he's written/drawn has degenerated into T&A&M. M is for mechs, I'll assume you folkls know what the T&A stands for. Shocked

j
babar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:31 am Reply with quote
very good point, this true, appleseed being the catalyst that it is, has been wallowing in procrastination at the hand of shirow himself. he seems more interested in cover art these days than writing:( and the idea of mechs, and t&a is just plain outdated. it is a genre in japan that has been worn thin.... ghost in the shell had depth, but it was a spin - off of literature that already explored the ideas presented in the manga.
appleseed on the other hand, dealt with issues that i have never read about in other books. true, the moral implications involving genetics has been debated in sci-fi forever, but it was the unique "feel" of their lives in a "utopian" society, and the practicality and commonality of very stylish, ergonomic cyber-gear and alterations. "briareos" for example, although he is 90% cyborg physically, he is esentially 100% human because of his natural brain. the great thing about his character, is that he does not look human, but acts,feels, and retains his personality from his previous "un-altered" self. and the cyber design is top - notch, everything is curvy and ergonomic, practical, not clunky and primitive metal "robot" design. very believable stuff.

got a problem with attrophied limbs? what about paralysis from the neck down? no problem, we'll just re-wire the nerves in yer spinal collumn, give you a set of polymer re-inforced, tungsten graphite limbs, no servos or metal screws folks, were talkin nerve connection, bio harmonius technology! i love it and i hope he finishes it. thanks for your post Anime smile!!!!1
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1