• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Soul Eater's Ohkubo Plans to Announce New Series in 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:03 am Reply with quote
Soul Eater started well, the middle was good, and then... it's like he didn't know what to do, or ran out of enthusiasm, or both. However you look at it, I hope he turns his hand to something new, and maybe something shorter. I think he ended up biting off more than he could chew with SE.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 am Reply with quote
Most stuff after the Arachnia arc was bleh. There were some awesome parts mixed in (mostly related to Maka), but I was unimpressed for the most part. For as much flack as the anime ending got (which I liked), I can't really say the manga ending was better (except for maybe the last 2-3 chapters). While I would have loved an adaptation of the Arachnia arc, I really don't need a Soul Eater: Brotherhood nor do I really want a second series of the manga if it's just gonna have the same issues.

Having said that, it's gonna be hard for Ohkubo to top Maka's character for me. Despite the issues the manga had, I was very pleased with Maka. Awesome, amazing character.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2