• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Diamond Previews gives details on Tenchi GXP volume 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:11 pm Reply with quote
That sounds about right. Still praying Funimation do round up the original VA's for Ep-17.
emw2455

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Funimation rep. Lance Heiskell has been posting over on AnimeonDVDs forums, maybe you'll get lucky.
http://animeondvd.com/news/news.php?news_view=2913

(You'll see his post on page 2)
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi Muyo GXP Vol 1 is not 180 minutes. Somebody posted that on the board and they didn't get the facts correct. I don't where they found that info.

The first volume has 5 episodes or 125 minutes.

Please spread the correction around.

Thanks

Lance
Fan Base Marketing
FUNimation Productions, Ltd.
king_micah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:48 am Reply with quote
Not a bad count. Now only if Funimation will release it on five discs or six discs. I know it is tempting, but eight discs is just annoying when the initial one is five.
emw2455

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:43 am Reply with quote
lheiskell wrote:
Tenchi Muyo GXP Vol 1 is not 180 minutes. Somebody posted that on the board and they didn't get the facts correct. I don't where they found that info.

The first volume has 5 episodes or 125 minutes.

Please spread the correction around.

Thanks

Lance
Fan Base Marketing

Hey Lance, the poster who stated that the first GXP disc would be 180 minutes got the incorrect information from the Diamond Comics monthly update archive.
----------------------
tenchi muyo gxp DVD

From Funimation Productions, Inc.! 15-year-old high school freshman Seina Yamada has the worst luck in the galaxy ? and he's been drafted into the Galaxy Police! Thinking Seina to be like Tenchi Muyo himself, the lovely Amane Kaunakku of the Galaxy Police pays an interstellar call to the hapless Seina and bestows upon him the introductory manual to the Galaxy Police. Is it destiny or just mistaken identity of sorts? If all goes well for Seina he just may end up being the newest most eligible bachelor in the galaxy, too! Approximate running time: 180 minutes. Scheduled to ship in January 2004.

ITEM CODE: DEC033922

DVD..........$24.98

ITEM CODE: DEC033923

DVD w/Art Box..........$34.98
----------------------------

Still, 125 minutes is good news. I would like to ask if you could possibly answer Mohawk 52's question. Was Funimation able to get the origional Tenchi dub VAs for episode 17? Also, when will funimations Tenchi Muyo GXP web page be up and running?

Thanks!
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:40 am Reply with quote
The dub company were are using in CA for Tenchi Muyo! GXP is trying to gather them. No guarantees, but we are trying.
emw2455

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:36 am Reply with quote
lheiskell wrote:
The dub company were are using in CA for Tenchi Muyo! GXP is trying to gather them. No guarantees, but we are trying.

Thanks for the info. Lance, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:37 pm Reply with quote
It's good to hear that not only is GXP getting to store shelves but that FUNimation is putting the time and effort into it that a Tenchi series deserves. It's time to put the very best of the harem genre back on top where it deserves to be, and knock down all the pretenders to the crown.

Now all we need is some new news on what went down with the licensing of the 3rd OAV. Are you at liberty to say anything about that, Lance?
Izlude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Hmm why would ya need the original VA's? Doesnt GXP have a whole new cast? Although I've been told the original Tenchi cast make cameos...
king_micah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 17 features most of the orginal cast. Some of them show up at other random times, and pretty much everyone who was ever in the OVA-verse was in the final episode.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:26 am Reply with quote
I hate posting errata. Doesn't make it any better if the mistake is someone else's fault (Previews)...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I've been told by a reliable source that If they contact the SAG they should have no problem there as they're all member's. Wink Can I ask Mr. Iheiskell if he can re-confirm that date of 09/March/2004 as the official release date and not January as was reported by the various anime related mags that have done so please?
garwynn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure you've been bombarded with questions about this series, and I'm sure this has been answered...

... but will the original BGM be kept on the US release? I heard that Funimation is redubbing the songs (which I am interested to see how that turns out) but I think the original BGM was great for the series. The other question I feel obligated to ask is if anything is being edited. I know over here there was the TV release and then some changes on the DVD releases from VAP. (what exactly they are, I am not sure however)

Thanks for your time, and looking forward to finally purchasing and seeing *not to mention hearing* this series on DVD quality.
emw2455

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:53 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
I've been told by a reliable source that If they contact the SAG they should have no problem there as they're all member's. Wink Can I ask Mr. Iheiskell if he can re-confirm that date of 09/March/2004 as the official release date and not January as was reported by the various anime related mags that have done so please?

On Dec. 1 Lance posted this bit of info. over on Animeondvd's forum;
-----------------------------------------------
More of a Studio Feedback post but hey, here goes.

I've mentioned this in a previous post, but don't want look for the link.

The CA studio for Tenchi Muyo! GXP is working on getting the original VAs for their cameo roles.

No guarantees, but they are working on it.

Why did we go with a CA studio instead of in-house? Timing.

I have watched 14 episodes of the TMGXP dub and it is really good and really funny. The VAs are really hitting their marks in comedic timing.

Ye those who forgot that Nabeshin directed Excel Saga and Tenchi Muyo GXP.

Get ready for a fun ride.

--------------------
Lance Heiskell
-----------------------------------------
Also on Dec. 1st Animeondvd posted that the retailer Right Stuf has March 9th as the official release date. The March 9th release date is becoming more and more official.
www.animeondvd.com
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1