• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cover pics for anime titles?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:02 am Reply with quote
I noticed some anime series have no "cover picture"

like Shuffle --- there's no cover picture
anime#5375

the same for Witchblade anime#4284

Thanks for the help.

[EDIT: Moved your topic to the appropriate forum, re-titled it, and removed erroneous text about the site being down, since the original aim is to ask about the pics. -TK]
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:48 am Reply with quote
Those particular titles you linked to are licensed and streamed by FUNimation. And each of those links takes you do ANN's streaming page which host said streaming links.

I'm guessing the link itself doubles over as both a link to the video page and as a cover in itself. So putting another cover image like all the other non-video-linked entries (for example Mobile Suit Gundam 00) would probably clash or be redundant, 'cause then you'd have a long horizontal picture that goes to videos, and then a smaller long vertical pic that just shows more artwork. It's just one or the other.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Whenever a large banner is in place, existing key visuals are hidden and further picture submissions will be ignored. In fact, there will be no "Picture" option in the pull-down menu of any entry with a large banner. You have to "trick" the system (and I'm not going to tell you or anyone how, although it's not too difficult and it seems that you've already figured it out yourself) to submit a picture; it's not going to be displayed anyway.

Last edited by dormcat on Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Those particular titles you linked to are licensed and streamed by FUNimation. And each of those links takes you do ANN's streaming page which host said streaming links.

I'm guessing the link itself doubles over as both a link to the video page and as a cover in itself. So putting another cover image like all the other non-video-linked entries (for example Mobile Suit Gundam 00) would probably clash or be redundant, 'cause then you'd have a long horizontal picture that goes to videos, and then a smaller long vertical pic that just shows more artwork. It's just one or the other.

thanks for moving my post and created a thread for it.

I have no idea how to add in a screenshot in this forums :/ but

I noticed there are 3 tabs on top of the page (shuffle! link in the OP)

"watch preview""watch preview""watch it now"

It's in the place of the Banner Pic location

I often use ANN for info but just the title and no cover pic is a turn off for me.

I like to watch a series without reading the description for the surprise--but at least need to see the cover picture.

dormcat wrote:
Whenever a large banner is in place, existing key visuals are hidden and further picture submissions will be ignored. In fact, there will be no "Picture" option in the pull-down menu of any entry with a large banner. You have to "trick" the system (and I'm not going to tell you or anyone how, although it's not too difficult and it seems that you've already figured it out yourself) to submit a picture; it's not going to be displayed anyway.

this is true.

I noticed there's an option to add something to the series. It's all the way in the middle of the page- just before the cast info.

shuffle and witchblade-- i did not see the option for picture.

But if you pick "other information" and click on picture among the option you can add in a picture- have to provide the source link

I did that for both series-- 200KB limit

but so far.. the series still have no cover pic.

so you are right dormcat

I'm the visual type, and it's easier with screenshot but i have no idea how to do it in this forums
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1