• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Overflowing episodic reviews in the encyclopedia

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melicans

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I was browsing through the encyclopedia and saw that for streaming anime with the weekly episodic reviews, the review section is absolutely overflowing with an episode-by-episode list. On a longer running series such as Log Horizon 2 it becomes especially problematic because by default it only shows the last 10; and when expanded to show the full (as of today) 18 review links, it seems overwhelming (at least in my view). If the series is reviewed again when it is released, there could be close to 30 links in the review section to go through, which seems a tad excessive.

This is more of a problem for a 2-cour series than a single-cour, but even a 12-episode series could contain too many "reviews" in the section; for example, a series licensed by Aniplex of America that is reviewed on a weekly basis. That would be 12 entries, one for each week, plus a thirteenth link to the weekly streaming overview page, and potentially up to three more if the series is released in sets and each one has its own review.

To cut down on the number of reviews appearing in each section, why not just link the episodic overview page instead? It is already in the section (at least in the case of Log Horizon 2), and all of the weekly reviews are self-contained. I think it would cut down on the unnecessarily large size of the review section while still allowing readers to access the same depth of information.

{I moved this topic because I believe that that it is more suited to the Encyclopedia forum. ~nbahn}
CBongo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
To cut down on the number of reviews appearing in each section, why not just link the episodic overview page instead? It is already in the section (at least in the case of Log Horizon 2), and all of the weekly reviews are self-contained. I think it would cut down on the unnecessarily large size of the review section while still allowing readers to access the same depth of information.

+1
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1