• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Whatever happened to Media Blasters' Vocal Collection label?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chii85

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:03 pm Reply with quote
In 2005 Media Blasters start releasing many anime titles subtitled only reasons being? In a forum that was post back in 2008 someone answered it was due to the fact that some of them were Nichie but this is a speculation and nobody knows the real reason, but my guess is that they had to make budget cuts or they saw it coming of the change in the anime market.
In December 2010 Media Blasters announced that they launched the Vocal Collection label starting with Loveless and Kashimashi and they were released in spring 2011. However in 2012 they were hit with financial problems and has lost most of their catalog. By 2013 they decide to focus on new titles instead of getting older titles back. I am aware about the expenses of licensing anime now (that I know). Late that year (or early 2014) they announced that they had decided to do their dubs in-house starting with Holy Knight (though originally released in May 2014 subtitled).
Recently I looked at their website and by looks at it they Ah! My Goddess, Girl's High, Ramen Fighter Miki and several other titles of their original catalog of their anime series are listed in their website.
Is there a possibility that they can go back in dub those titles that were released subtitled only after Juden-Chan, Rio- Rainbow Gate and Koe De Oshigoto?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1