• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Isuca (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:08 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Quote:
I do have to question though why Sakaya keeps insisting that he has to keep following her

She is probably remembering spoiler[the power upgrade she got when they kissed.]

I find it interesting that the explanation of true names included the fact that spoiler[Sakaya has a true name also]. Asano has already seen a bit of her past when they kissed. If he picks up on her true name he could also bind her. Laughing Wouldn't that frost her butt.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy this one is a doozy.

(takes a deep breath)

Episode 1

Firstly even if the arrow had a spell on it so it couldn't be removed why didn't she just......rip off the part of her clothing that was attached to it? The arrow would still be in the tree sooooo I don't know why she didn't just do that. Plus the main character gets saved from a giant monster only to run EXACTLY in the same direction the monster did. Is he asking to die?

Pretty dang coincidental that he found the cat girl JUST as she was about to be finished off even though arrow girl probably could have killed her before he showed up anyways. She had to be within range to even get her stuck in the first place.

That Lighting Beast SUCKS at its job. How does it continue to miss it's target even when they are just STANDING STILL???!!! And why does a wooden stick have ANY effect on it? Like I know he probably has some special power or something but couldn't it have just fired off a few shots to keep him away? Or hit him with it's paw? They don't have to stand still to do the life force sucking thing sooooo yeah. That's dumb.

One thing i can commend the series for doing is avoiding the "tsundere is afraid of lighting" cliche. Don't need to hit that road as well...........right?

Episode 2

Glad to see those girls aren't traumatized by seeing their friend spoiler[almost brutally murdered] right before them. Didn't even question that giant tiger figure they saw either. It's gonna be one of those shows huh? The one where the common public don't act like real people about these situations? At least have the decency to create some memory wiping bullshit! You'd think these people would have created something like that by now considering these monsters attack people in public and apparently nobody in this world knows about them. I noticed they spoiler[did something like that for the girls attacked by the rats] but what about the girls before? Hell what about Shinichirou? He was attacked and yet they never bothered messing with his memory. And it's not like they knew about his power before the incident at the school either.
Pretty sure there should have been some witnesses of this stuff happening as well. Is the anime daring me to hate it?

Even the fanservice is lazy. For like the 3rd time now Sakuya has put herself in a position to have the MC see her undies. She literally walked up to him as he was on the ground as if she did it on purpose. What a dummy head!

Baddass arrow using warrior is somehow not afraid of a giant centipede but rats? That's her freaking kryptonite! So i guess the "tsundere is afraid of lighting cliche" was replaced by the "tsundere is afraid of tiny creatures/bugs" cliche. Either way of course it'll be used to end up making the tsundere fall more in love with the MC because he helps her in a moment of weakness. Hell they even threw in the spoiler["tsundere wakes up RIGHT when he MC is getting kissed] making her even more jealous" cliche. YAY romantic originality!

(sigh)

Now that the nipicks are out of the way let's talk about the good things.....................................................................
..........................................................................nope I've got nothing.

I don't know why but "So i can't play h?" did this concept (characters receiving power through sexual actions) so much better. The over the top craziness made it hard for me to really hate it and even with it's abundance of cliches/fanservice at least the characters were aware of them (at times). Isuca on the other hand just feels like a typical boring magic harem show. You can't get anymore "standard" than this. I do hope they do something with this "Nobody is truly evil" concept. About the only semi interesting thing the series has going for it.

It also has Tama who is tots adorable but I refuse to be swayed by petty attacks on my fetishes! Evil or Very Mad
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:35 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the Umetsu (Kite, Mezzoforte) ED.

The show itself isn't anything we haven't seen.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:27 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Lots of girls around Asano now.
Looks like his little harem is getting bigger..
When his power is in his kiss, it's hard to keep the girls from fighting.
It's also impossible for Sakuya not to get jealous.
The western mage made things complicated..
Isuca finally emerged & made a nice display of power.]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
This show's relationship with death is utterly undecipherable.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Wow, that was a gory episode. Definitely surprising, and Sakuya seems to be the spoiler[only one that seems truly devastated over her actions causing people harm while others tell her to get over it]. Last week she got angry at spoiler[Susery and such for causing people to get killed, and here when she did what other said to do she got them killed]. Well done everyone else.

I think I wrote it last week and the post was deleted, but it is pretty clear that spoiler[Sakuya's father was a Western mage, and she gets treated pretty horribly because she is part Western]. Sure she looks extra prickly, but she seems to have some good reasons why she does not want people accusing her of being evil while she wants to do the right thing.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:11 am Reply with quote
I'm a little confused. Isuca is the name of the Western mage ... but it's also spoiler[Sakuya's true name?] Does that mean the Western mage is spoiler[some sort of alter ego embodiment of Sakuya's rage at the Shimazu family that doesn't accept her?] I guess we'll get the explanation at some point.

In other news, continue to be disappointed that there was no Big Boob Sensei - Suseri yuri action.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:07 pm Reply with quote
@Blood-
You may have something there. I think the family's attitude to western mages is a driving factor here.

Concerning the true name, they may have been deceptive in the spotlight information, or something got lost in translation. At this point, I doubt the villain is going to be rehabilitated. The problem with spoiler[making this a manifestation of Sakuya is that it would make it hard for the family to ever accept her. It would also make her a really weird sort of masochist].

This is not the series in which to be a bit player. If you are not part of the core group you will probably die, in agony, with a lot of gore. This is almost as bad as Blood C.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
does anyone else think that Suseri's face looks off-model most of the time? I'm not sure what it is that's bugging me, bit I think it's her eyes. they are either too small, or her face is too large
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Sakuya-Asano relationship got weird fast.
Guess learning her true name made him her master.
Now he officially has a harem.
Sakuya's sister really wants that power badly.
Getting sucked into a mirror was fun... not.
It was interesting to watch them fight.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Didn't realise it last week, but isn't it kind of convenient that spoiler[Suseri kept trying for him to give her a power up, then as soon as she find out the nature of his ability she told him to power up Sakuya]?

Sakuya's characteristics are pretty much spoiler[exactly what I expected previous, except the whole thing that she is trying to find her parents].
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Tamako and the bra mystery.
Sakuya & Asano keep finding themselves in very interesting positions LOL
The subway situation was interesting.
Was fun to watch them fight again.
The smoke skull was a new challenge.
That fake Isuca got got what she deserved..]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:18 am Reply with quote
It looked like spoiler[Hexxus caused some trouble in the subway]. I had spoiler[Tim Curry's] voice playing in my head.

But seriously, only now someone is worried about him being in trouble, when he can actually defend himself after they have been getting him involved and was almost killed in the first episode by boobipede centits..... there has to be a witty nickname to give the flashing naked centipede monster?

Also great work that when him, a student, spoiler[is hurt, the school nurse does absolutely nothing, instead relying on the two teenager girls for CPR].
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:21 am Reply with quote
I did, however, appreciate the eppie's strong anti-smoking message.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:25 pm Reply with quote
what I'd like to know is how anybody thinks Susuri could be a decent family head when the only thing she can do is summon weasel(?) spirits. She's constantly off model and useless. poor girl
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3