• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kuroko's Basketball

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laureninspace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I'll forget what I wanted to say if I wait. >.>"

Haha I'm not actually upset or anything. It just was a reminder to get this post out the door!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I should have posted in the other thread, but I was already the last to comment there and I hate piggybacking posts.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:33 pm Reply with quote
ANN's Episode #8 review wrote:
*For consistency, I am sticking with Izuki, not Iduki. I can hear that “z” clearly every time so I'm ignoring what Daisuki says on this one.

I agree, the character's name is 伊月 and pronounced i-dzuki (い-き) as part of the dakuten process to the tsu vowel in his name (not to mention that more often than not, the dzu is pronounced as zu by most Japanese).

I just find it irritating when I know it's pronounced as Izuki, supposed to be written as Idzuki and Daisuki writes it as Iduki. Arg...
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
I agree, the character's name is 伊月 and pronounced i-dzuki (い-き) as part of the dakuten process to the tsu vowel in his name (not to mention that more often than not, the dzu is pronounced as zu by most Japanese).

I just find it irritating when I know it's pronounced as Izuki, supposed to be written as Idzuki and Daisuki writes it as Iduki. Arg...

This du/dzu/zu thing annoys me as much as when people romanize は as "ha" even in occasions when it's pronounced "wa" (as in "you は shock"). I don't care if a づ is not a ず, it should still be romanized as "zu" because that's how people pronounce it.
laureninspace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:51 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:

This du/dzu/zu thing annoys me as much as when people romanize は as "ha" even in occasions when it's pronounced "wa" (as in "you は shock"). I don't care if a づ is not a ず, it should still be romanized as "zu" because that's how people pronounce it.

I almost forgot about the Fist of the North Star confusion! That was before I started studying Japanese so I was SUPER confused.

Now I'm in Japanese 201 and I'm certainly no expert. One thing I do know is that in our textbook, the romaji is written to be as close to the Japanese sound as possible (so we become better speakers of Japanese). I imagine the opposite is happening in Nihon-shiki romanization in Japan, to encourage students to use more English pronunciations of words.
azazel13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 8/58

They finally gave some spotlight to the other lesser known players. I thought Furihata's entrance was quite funny.

I can sort of understand the frustrations of these Seirin players. Must be depressing constantly being in the shadow of Kagami and Kuroko and never having an opportunity to get in on the action.
battlephile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:34 am Reply with quote
EP 9:

I'll admit I'm starting to like Kasamatsu. He was definitely the star of the episode. Too bad about Kise's injury though but I think he'll be back to play in the last few minutes of the game.
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Their astounding skills are impressive, but always executed in support of the team. (Almost always. I'm looking at you, Aomine.)

*chuckles*

Quote:
I'll admit I'm starting to like Kasamatsu. He was definitely the star of the episode.

Am I the only one that has not been sleeping on Kasamatsu? The very least everyone should have seen wassup in the game against that team with the "cornrows having, lick lipping" dude.
He's been in my top five since he appeared and easily one of the best senpais along with Hyuga and Kiyoshi.
azazel13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:37 am Reply with quote
Ep.9/59

I knew it was only a matter of time but I'm still sad someone figured out the trick to Kuroko's move.

They can humanize Kasamatsu all they want, still not a fan of him.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
There's just so many people on each team that it becomes hard to care about any of them except for the exceptional ones. Have to admit I didn't give a crap about kasamatsu or the kid from shintaro's team. If they're not Generation of Miracles level of ability I doubt I will give a second thought about them no matter how many flashbacks you throw at me.
azazel13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:10 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
There's just so many people on each team that it becomes hard to care about any of them except for the exceptional ones. Have to admit I didn't give a crap about kasamatsu or the kid from shintaro's team. If they're not Generation of Miracles level of ability I doubt I will give a second thought about them no matter how many flashbacks you throw at me.

^This. Although it's nice to see them give the spotlight to the supporting characters, I will never care for them as much as the main characters.

The only supporting characters I've really liked are Takao, Imayoshi and Teppei.
IKKIsama

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:13 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:

I don't even know the Seirin guys names except for Kuroko, Kagami and Teppei.
azazel13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Ep 10/60

Intense episode. Glad to see Kise back on the court. I never expected him to do one of Kuroko's moves though. Shocked I seem to recall it mentioned in the previous seasons that he can't copy Kuroko.

Lol at Hyuga and Kiyoshi, always bickering with each other but they are a good combo. Also the first time I've seen Teppei seriously angry. Laughing
azazel13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Also about Kise, I think it would be incredibly stupid for him to risk his entire basketball career on one freshman match. I'm glad he's taking his role as Kaijo's ace seriously but it may result in permanent damage to his foot.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
As usual, I'm slow on the uptake. Since I usually skip over the ED after the first time unless it's spectacular, I only just now realized that there's a different shot used after Akashi and his violin in every episode.

(slideshow (some are split so there's more than 10))
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10