• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F Film's Trailer Previews Frieza's New Form

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quote
So frieza basically got the i-phone gold color upgrade and is now a shiny pokemon. Awesome. And 4 months of training gets him all the way to Goku's new power level and past it. That must have been one hell of a training montage to do that.
fencer_x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Umm there's an error in that translation :/

"Beerus: He imitated your naivete."

In what world does that even make sense? That should've been your first clue Razz

Your translator misheard 'maneita' (招いた) as 'maneta' (真似た). The correct translation is "Beerus: Your naivete brought this about." (aka you brought this upon yourself, your weakness is the reason this is happening).
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:24 pm Reply with quote
^Also the second part of that line "It is the end for you." was Vegeta's not Beerus.
KaiserNeko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:25 am Reply with quote
There are a ton of errors in ANN translations.

And they never get fixed.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:18 am Reply with quote
WeskerGriff wrote:
Trailer looks like a lot of fun!

Little sad though that the Ginyu Force isn't in this. I was hoping they would show up or get wished back since they are trying to revive Frieza's empire. That would have been amazing. The Ginyu Force were always highly entertaining and underrated.

that's true. at least those guys were a lot funnier than hercule satan who should have died during the buu saga. and at least the younger versions of pilaf and his minions are there. though i'm surprised that his father nor cooler got revived. hopefully we would see the return of the super sayian god form since technically its basically the new SS4 since GT is filler from the looks of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Guys guys guys...

You're all missing the most important reveal of this trailer.

spoiler[JACO GALACTIC PATROLMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Nail. On. Head.

I'll be watching this for Jaco if nothing else.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:12 pm Reply with quote
VegettoEX wrote:
Like, Freeza's bringing a ton of people along for the ride. Maybe some are lowly minions that the ol' hermit can take on. Others Piccolo needs to battle it out with.

I think Roshi fighting and beating them makes perfect sense. What confuses me is how any of them could fight Piccolo or Gohan and not instantly lose. Freeza was suppose to be many levels beyond any of his followers. Yet he now has followers who are strong enough to fight with people that would have swat him like a fly at his original final form? Freeza getting a power up is one thing, but him magically pulling lackies out of his ass that are stronger than super saiyans (and unless it was Freeza that knocked Gohan around, stronger than SS2) is a bit much even for DBZ.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
kurowa-san wrote:
This could also mean that Cell has a form beyond his last one, seeing as he has Frieza cells.

Cell incidentally had the Cells of Vegeta and Goku and had the ability to essentially become "Super Cell".

Kaon wrote:
I'm still really mad about how he gets the power-up...

spoiler[ It takes Frieza being killed twice for him to think "Hmmm maybe I should train... I am a prodigy after all... I can ascend past super saiyan, the androids, Perfect Cell, Majiin Buu and reach "god" status in 4 months... LOL its so ridiculous I can't take it seriously. ]

To be fair his 2nd defeat and subsequent death was far more humiliating than his first. So him jumping out the gym makes a fair amount of sense.
Mr. slicer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
kurowa-san wrote:
This could also mean that Cell has a form beyond his last one, seeing as he has Frieza cells.

I'ts possible. Cell achieved his final form not long before before the Cell Games started so I doubt that he much time to train. There is also the fact that I don't see how either Dr. Gero or Cell could have known that Frieza never bothered to train so there would have been no reason for Cell to assume that Frieza was not at his maximum potential when his cells were extracted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3