• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokyo Ghoul (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:

The series has dropped tons of hints now, but
spoiler[would it be fair to conclude that the author is really part of the Aogiri setup?]

I have a few theories that take it even further. I think she may spoiler[be the one in the wrappings, that has been looking over Kaneki]. And that spoiler[she is either the one who has organised the transplants that have changed Kaneki and the two girls], and or spoiler[she could possibly the leader of Aogiri tree, the one eyed owl]. We have not seen this spoiler[so called leader apart from the giant owl form a few episodes back, but perhaps the wrappings form and spying is the perfect appearance to have]. I think it was mentioned last season about spoiler[the one-eyed ghoul being born half-human -half-ghoul, so I think it might some of the themes of her books].

If my above theories hold any truth, it looks like spoiler[she is planning to pull the café into the war now, which looks like the perfect actions of someone who may have been manipulating strings through the series].
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 8:

I think the pacing will pick up soon but spoiler[this episode took on a more slice of life style again. Still, the feelings of tragedy was at hand from that background story involving Ukina. I felt bad for her tbh. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time although that birth of her baby is a miracle.]

I'm expecting the action to get underway soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, after listening to the chat Kaneki had with the cafe owner it's clear who the cafe owner really is for those who don't follow the source material. What's odd is spoiler[the completely different conclusion reached by the CCG regarding the cafe and its denizens. Looks like the author got what she wanted when she directed the CCG operative Shinohara to the cafe. ]

The shop owner is no mug though, it seems spoiler[he's preparing for the upcoming storm and has specifically asked Yomo to keep Touka and Hinami out of harm's way. We are not told what information he got from Yomo, but it's likely he's cottoned on to the upcoming raid. ]

Kaneki's friend gets air time here and there, but spoiler[does he serve a purpose other than as an interested party in the war between ghouls and humans? ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 8

So we now know that that the spoiler[café owner is the original Owl, and that his child is the One Eyed Owl in charge of Aogiri Tree]. That the baby was spoiler[shown with green hair seems to add credence to what I was theorising last week that the author is indeed the One Eyed Owl,] meaning that spoiler[she may have sent the Doves after her own father].

The episode mentioned that it was a miracle that spoiler[the mother was able to give birth]. The episode actually seemed to imply that spoiler[she was only able to do it by consuming human flesh so that the child could get nourishment].
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote
More about the Owl.
The story about this was a tragic one.
No surprise there, I guess.
Anteiku was having a good day ^^
Shame it has to be short lived..
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:03 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 8:

It was alright, about time pacing spoiler[picked up a bit in regards to the raid]. spoiler[Some noticeable ghouls show up as well. And ahh, I feel bad for Touka this episode.]

spoiler[That roof scene though...was noticeable to reflect more of Kaneki's character. Also, I feel a bit bad for Akira Mado and her past. Bits of everything happening this episode. Not bad.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
This is going to have another season. Either that, or it will end in the air hoping for another one, because right now it's IMPOSSIBLE this is going to end like this. And if it does and lets in the air like the two thousand subplots, characters and other stuff still demanding more presence, then all my fears about this season from the start will become true in the worst way possible.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Takizawa behaved like he knew he wasn't coming back.
Guess it's not surprising considering who they are trying to catch.
Practically everyone said their goodbyes.
First part of the episode felt like prep.
Some of the doves despaired hard..
20th ward got shut down with no mercy.
Anteiku was hit.. as expected.
It turned into an all out war!]
jl07045

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:58 pm Reply with quote
justsomeaccount wrote:
This is going to have another season. Either that, or it will end in the air hoping for another one, because right now it's IMPOSSIBLE this is going to end like this.

It won't because the manga ended. Will the sequel manga get an adaptation? Probably, but there's not enough material yet.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:18 pm Reply with quote
The scene at the start with the CCG staff told to arrange their personal affairs, somewhat poignant if a bit abrupt.

Maen certainly wasn't bluffing when he said he could put on a show, although Irimi's spoiler[combat abilities are surprising given the support role she took on during the battle to rescue Kaneki. ] The efforts both of them are putting in certainly reflect the level of trust they have with their employer.

The CCG really are serious, so it looks like it's spoiler[all downhill for the staff at the cafe considering the odds they're facing. Even if Kaneki and Touka enter the fray, it doesn't seem like it will change much. No matter how strong the owner is, he's got no chance of killing all of the elite CCG staff and their custom-made weapons. ]

I wonder what the Aogiri make of all this, given that one of their

spoiler[main competitors and source of hatred of the founder is about to be annihilated without them having to lift a finger. ]
notrogersmith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:23 pm Reply with quote
One thing bugs me. spoiler[Since the CCG issued an evacuation warning, wouldn't the obvious response for the ghouls be to simply vacate along with the normal humans? Why stick around to fight?]
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
notrogersmith wrote:
One thing bugs me. spoiler[Since the CCG issued an evacuation warning, wouldn't the obvious response for the ghouls be to simply vacate along with the normal humans? Why stick around to fight?]

Shinohara recognises Yukimura the cafe owner, the brief comment he made in that armour of his confirmed it. Even if Yukimura tried to run and pretend to be human he wouldn't have fooled anyone.

Not to mention the CCG have been staking out the cafe and its inhabitants from at least the episode aired last week.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:46 pm Reply with quote
That one white haired Dove looked like a fusion of Anderson and the Captain from Hellsing.

A lot of combat, spoiler[largely Humans died, but they were the ones attacking a peaceful target, similarly since they have also attacked their hospitals]. I was thinking that Kaneki would spoiler[be throwing everything away by joining in], but I remembered that he said the whole point of spoiler[joining Aogiri tree was to protect the people at the shop].

The Owl in full war mode was pretty cool. I am kind of hoping the spoiler[One-Eyed Owl will show up, since I assume that they set up this fight].
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 10:

After all the buildup and waiting, spoiler[this episode was worth it. Full blown out action between the ghouls and investigators. And not only that but we see a bit of Kaneki in action as well. I expect his rematch against Amon to be next week with the little tease already.]

Also, spoiler["One Eyed Owl" in action too.....]

I suppose spoiler[we'll find out what that other One Eye Owl can do after all this buildup. That cliffhanger looked pretty damn grim.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I am amazed at the number of casualties the human team seems willing to take for the sake of executing nearly totally ineffective tactics.

If it weren't for the fact that the ghoul side seems to be mostly wanting to commit suicide the humans would be totally wiped out. And for what? To defend a coffee shop location? Why not just disappear it isn't like they didn't know the attack was coming.

A lot of fun to watch in any case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 15