• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Top 10 / Worst 5 things. Why? (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fish1021

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:35 am Reply with quote
why s-CRY-ed?

Well, Scryed is an anime that is likely to be enjoyed by everyone. It's got it all...Action, Adventure, Romance, Internal Conflicts and awesome fight scenes. This series is very original, I found the pace in the different episodes very good and the ends of the episode. nearly always making you wanting to see the next part. You never really know who is good/bad. Things change, there are many plot twists. This is a series unlike any other I have seen.

What can be said about cowboy bebop?

Cowboy Bebop is one of those rare occurrences in anime where the art of the filmmaking is of such high caliber that it ceases to be a "cartoon", it even ceases to be a TV show – the characters and situations take on their own life and it becomes so real that it transcends the medium and becomes it's own genre.

Why did FLCL make it?

If there was ever an anime that had a very specific niche, it's this one. Most people won't get it. I don't presume to understand it all fully, either, but from what I did grasp I was hooked.

What makes colorful bad?

At first Colrorful's concept was novel at best, but after the short amount of episodes there are it was like watching a loop of the same thing.

Why Trinity Blood?

The first few episodes barely connected and sort of left me lost. The ending was ridiculous and barely gave any insight into what had happened during the final confrontation. Badly executed open ended ending.

Why ghost in the shell?

The main characters, similarly, can be both a strength and a weakness; they are completely humorless and have almost robotic personalities, which works within the story, but makes them difficult to empathize with. Theres too much plot, depending on your taste--some of the intrigue (particularly the political stuff) is so involved that it's easy to get lost, and the philosophical discussions are rather heavy-handed.

Why Rah-Xephon?

First off a lot of peope on this forumn agree with my opinion and compare it to EVA( I dont dislike EVA i acctually like it a lot). RahXephon imporves on a lot of the things Eva does wrong. Overall, Eva has the more intresting characters, but RahXephon did the story much clearer and much better.

Why Naruto?

Quote:
I'm not bashing your choice here, everyone is entitles to think what they will, but if you think this redefines what "ninja" is all about I suggest you watch Ninja Scroll or Basalisk.

First off i didn't say this is the defining series in the "ninja" genre, also while you bash me for comparing other series trinity blood and hellsing. You've compared Naruto with one incredible show and a groundbreaking movie. But enough of that naruto's not the most complex show, but its entertaining and leaves you wanting for more.

Prince of tennis: I have never been a fan of tennis, nor sports anime for one reason; it tries to make something dramatic that i personally never found to be. The main character is weak and the story is too.

What i meant by everyone being so angry is; the people at that school wanna puch his lights out because there worse than him or he looked at them funny.

i hope this is enough to satisfy you. is it?
toxshock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Rurouni Kenshin (TV) ( a brilliant ancient saga, with beautiful animation)
Inuyasha (The first anime characters that I kinda fancy...Wierd I know)
Fruits Basket (so so funny)
Fushigi Yuugi ( starts strangely but well worth hanging in there for)
Full metal Alchemist ( my first anime series)
Twelve Kingdoms (The first few episodes left me feeling really angry with the characters but after watching the whole of it, I get the point, really good use of emotions.
Howls Moving Castle (Just Beautiful)
Spirited Away ( my first intro to anime)
Beserk ( Very Bloody but very good)
samurai 7
Fate/Stay night

You know the worst thing is that I have watch so much now, and putting up a top 10 is really hard I know I missed loads, including Bleach, Naruto, Tsubasa which are my favourite current. But I guess the ones that I miss the most will always be Inuyasha and Fruit Baskets, simply because they made me laugh, the characters are so full of life and unlike most other anime that I insist on watching in Japanese with the subs on, these two actually sound good in english. However I never understood why both of these weren't completed a bit more, I feel there is more story to be had.

What I don't like

Well I am picky, I don't like Mecha and futuristic stuff and to be honest I have wiped the bad ones almost from memory but I have a small list

Akira ( I know it's a classic, but I found it boring (Sorry Guys))
Ghost in a Shell ( again I know Classic)
Beebop Cowboy (just Silly)
The one with the pirate boy in it (again iratating and silly)

Evil or Very Mad Thank Folks

Big Shout to the ANN Guys & if it's not too much of a liberty to the Dattebayo Guys too Twisted Evil [/list]
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote
toxshock wrote:
Fushigi Yuugi ( starts strangely but well worth hanging in there for)
Howls Moving Castle (Just Beautiful)
samurai 7
Fate/Stay night

Akira ( I know it's a classic, but I found it boring (Sorry Guys))
Ghost in a Shell ( again I know Classic)
Beebop Cowboy (just Silly)
The one with the pirate boy in it (again iratating and silly)

I'm REALLY going on easy on you, but even then, all the quoted titles are not sufficiently explained. You didn't even try to explain Samurai 7 or Fate/stay night, you were far too vague with Fushigi Yuugi, Howl's, One Piece, and Cowboy Bebop ("silly" how?), and just saying "classic that i dont like" is not enough for Akira and Ghost in the Shell (and for that matter, was it the Ghost movies or TV series?). WHY did you not like these classics? WHY did you find them boring?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
First off i didn't say this is the defining series in the "ninja" genre, also while you bash me for comparing other series trinity blood and hellsing. You've compared Naruto with one incredible show and a groundbreaking movie. But enough of that naruto's not the most complex show, but its entertaining and leaves you wanting for more.

You said it re-defines what comes to mind when you think Ninja. I simply made a suggestion to check out the 2 shows I mentioned as I felt they better show cased "Ninja" then Naruto. I didn't bash you for watching it, nor did I bash you for any of your other choices. I simply said you might wanna explain your choices more and that I hoped your reason for not liking Trinity Blood wasn't simply due to the "big shoulder pads" as you put it.
neuroticgothguy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Top 10:

1. Ghost in the Shell (movies and series)
i just decided to lump these together to make it easier on myself mostly cause i love this series to death, the mangas as well, i mean the whole idea and philosophy behind it is just so awesome.

2. Cowboy Bebop
amazing animation and characters, theres just so much to this anime that i love.

3. Akira
this was the first anime i saw and its really what got me so into anime in the first place cause it was so unlike any cartoons i've seen and it was so gritty and awesome, i just love it, watched it so many times too. not to mention that the movie is a classic.

4. Bleach
At first when i was channel surfering i caught this and wasn't super interested at first but then i kept catching more and more episodes that i got hooked and i couldn't wait til the next episode would come out and i sort of became obsessed with it.

5. Blood+
i sort of fell in love with this series, though i was really disappointed that it ended so soon with only 50 episodes, real bummer, i somehow wish they'd make a sequel or something.

i hate doing these list things cause i can never choose which i like more cause theres so many that i like and that theres not enough space in the numbers or anything like that...
SlayFalcon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:49 am Reply with quote
TOP TEN

1. Full metal Alchemist.-this series just got me off form the beginning. jsut action in every spot. my first anime and the best i've seen. characters are well explained and the story lin goes great.

2.Fate/Stay night- This anime i gotta say is something cclose to bleac h but not quiet. loved the action to the romance(not that much but a bit) the ending i thought ended great but was abit rushed. i wish they had more eps than 24 Evil or Very Mad

3. FUll Moon Sagashite.-this one's a romance one. not much action but interesting. how the characters are envolved with each other is just great. a bit predictable but enjoyed. ending i say would be the best out of all the anime i've seen

4. Naruto.-everyone hates this one because of the fillers. i hated it too. but now that its going on track again. its sgettin better. but i still say they are dragging it a bit too far and going a bit slow. other then that its got humor and action. not the fastest anime but interesting.

5. Sorry i dont really have a number 5 anime. i haven't watched that much anime yet Crying or Very sad
Static29

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quote
hello, im new to this forum, i just signed up..i also just started watching anime

umm, i dont have a top 10 yet, i barely have a top 5, but here goes

[heres my TOP 5

1.) "Ergo Proxy"
-----------------------

this was a VERY good series, had me hooked, its kind of hard to understand, you have to watch the whole thing, it gets really confused at times, but i really liked the characters, especially little pino lol, and i liked the whole plot of the show, i'd give this show a 9/10. i hope a sequal comes out. i like that whole dark theme this show puts out too. AMAZING

2.)Gunslinger Girl
this series was great, it only had 13 episodes, but it was still great. innocent looking anime girls in gunblasting action. RAMBO with a p90 in the first episode had me hooked. i wish they would have continued the sequal on this"

3.) darker than black
this is only the 3rd anime show i've watched, but it looks good, im on like the 5th episode. this would be my third one.

i havn't seen anything else, im going to check out gungrave

anyone know of any other anime shows with gun action in it?
Drowning_Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow, you sure did start strong for a newcomer! Those are really great shows you've seen. Since you want to see more of Gunslinger Girl, I would recommend, if you're not averse to reading, that you check the manga, it surely goes deeper than it's adaptation. Gungrave seems to be a neat show, or at least that's what the encyclopedia rating would suggest, but at the moment my mind can't come up with other anime in the genre, maybe Gantz (though again, it ends before it get to the most exciting part of it's source material) or maybe Speed Grapher (but then again it doesn't really have a lot of gunning). Anyway, be sure to check those title in the encyclopedia! Oh, and welcome to ANN!
Zewerr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quote
My favorites:

1. Trigun: It's one of the first anime's I watched, thanks to Adult Swim. And it still remains my favorite. To me, it has the perfect blend of comedy and action. Plus Vash is pretty much my idol! The characters simply seemed so real and well developed.

2. Berserk: My brother brought me to this anime. Though the animation and art is kinda dated and bland, it doesn't matter one bit. Because the characters and the story are amazing! Guts is the man!

3. Full Metal Alchemist: Once again, perfect blend of action and comedy. The storyline is technical, but easy to understand, which keeps you well into it throughout the entire length of the series. Plus the length of the series keeps you occupied for for a good amount of time. I should say that I have never had a movie, or show, or anything of that nature that brought me to tears. But this series brought me damn close!

4. Last Exile: I'm not really sure why I really like this one. I guess I'm just a facinated about the entire atmosphere of this anime.

5. Cromartie High School: I'm sorry, I just think this show is damn funny! It's the style of comedy that not everybody really gets. But it's that style comedy that is my favorite. Mechazawa inspires me!

6. Azumanga Daioh: This show was ridiculous. I love it! Once again, I'm not really too sure why I like it so much. I guess it's simply how ridiculous it is, and the characters are so endearing.

7. Rurouni Kenshin: I really wasn't much of a fan of the action sequences of the TV series and some of the unrealistic characters, but the storyline was very well written, and the characters are really good. But what really blew me away was the OVA series. It was really "jaw dropping" amazing. Even despite how short it was. I think it blew the TV series away.

8. Inuyasha: Very good story. Very good characters. Once again, good balance of action and comedy. Very very long series (always a plus for me). I just wish there was a conclusion!

9. Cowboy Bebop: Great characters. Plenty of action! Lots of comedy. Only thing it really lacks is an indepth story. Otherwise, still among my favorites.

10. Haibane Renmei: Not really my style of anime. So I'm not sure why I liked it.

Bonus #11. Animation Runner Kuromi: I just kinda fell upon this, when they randomly played it on AZN television. I'm glad I watched it. It was freakin' nuts. I loved it!

What I didn't like:

1. Serial Experiments Lain: I found this series udderly boring. I stuck it through to the end. But I watched the entire series half asleep. It would not grab my attention. I guess all those repetitive electrical current power lines type noise is what did it.

2. Paranoia Agent: I have a problem of when I start an anime, I have to finish it. This series I just wanted to hurry up and end! I'm not really a fan of being introduced to a new story and new characters every episode. Though it all kinda ties in to eachother in the end, it still wasn't worth it for me.

3. Harmagedon: I do like a few older animes. But this, really, what the hell!?!?!

I can't really think of two more that are worth mentioning. Maybe I'll stumble across them later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PolakDave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:39 am Reply with quote
I don't really have a Top 10, seeing as I haven't watched Anime since I was like 8 (last one being DBZ, lol). I just started to get into it this last month, but boy, have I been hammering it haha.

Anyways, I don't know if this is acceptable, but here is my top 5:

1) Death Note- I haven't finished the show yet, but I think it is simply brilliant. I love the cat mouse thing going between L and Light . I love how it gives you time to figure things out for yourself. Animation, Story, all 10*

2) M.o. Haruhi S.- Also a brilliant. The music, dialouge, artwork all top notch. Easilly one of the prettiest Animes out there. I don't really know why I like it so much, but I just do. I've watched the series 3 or 4 times :p

Sorta Tie for #3, so these next two aren't in any order:
-Elfen Lied - Very sad. It made me choke many times, and not many shows do this. I fell in love with some of the characters and the last episode spoiler[When Nana's dad takes his daughter then commits suicide with her was sooo touching, especially Nana's face Crying or Very sad ] It was such an emotional show, which is why I loved it

-N.G.- Evangelion. - This is the show that got me back into Anime. I love it for the same reasons as Elfen Lied. Great story, lovable characters. Very, very sad. I didn't like it AS MUCH as E.L. because I didn't like the ending. For such a dramatic show, it ended like crap. Some people may not agree. I don't want to rant about a show I love, so I'll just leave it at that.

5) Ouran Highschool- This is just a filler for now Laughing Although, I do like this show quite a bit. I don't think it's very good, but I like it. Kind of reminds me of me and my friends, and how we act Laughing

------------------
Shows that I did not enjoy

Pokemon - Unimpressive storyline. To me it seemed like a show they made just to make money. It doesn't seem to have any heart in it, and most of the "love/sad" scenes seemed tacked on.

Exclamation

Last edited by PolakDave on Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
viajantedemundos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:43 am Reply with quote
1º Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, because help me understand things that I usually questioned(destiny,past, faith,etc), I like the comedy, the way the story follows, and about a pharaoh, is diferent, I bet pharaoh Atemu it was or is the first pharaoh in the anime.

2º Naruto,because the way the story develops, the way that they express loneliness, and see the characters growing up.

3º DNAngel, because the story is good, the comedy is so nice (specially between Daisuke and Dark).

4º .hack//Sign, because of the story gets better with passing the episodes, especially the last OVA, was so funny, I couldn't stop laughting.

5º Ouran High School Host Club, because the comedy, the story and finally the unique personalities of the characters.

sorry my english
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
PolakDave wrote:
******** PS
Nagisa, who is that person in your Avatar, and what show are they from?

I'll tell you when you fix this crap in your post:

PolakDave wrote:
Crap (IMO)

Pokemon

that is all Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ivangu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Hello,
I’m an old anime fun, but just a year ago i discovered this site and this 3ed. I have to thank you all for the advices, and I think this is time for my own list. Sorry for my English, I’ll try my best.

Best 10

1) Eureka Seven. This show is not for you if u like only original stuff! You can find many clichés from other mechas shows like raxhepon or NGE. However the entire show is near to perfection. The art is very sophisticated and the storyline is absolutely awesome. IMO the real good point is the character development, all the characters are evolving during the 50eps, showing their feelings and their human limits. On top of that there is another cliché, the love story between teenagers. But is so touching that even the most cold MF cannot feel something. The message that this anime gives is very positive and forward looking, if you feel down this is what I suggest to watch.

2) Berserk. This is darker than the previous one. Even if this is a quite old release it’s sill enjoyable. The atmosphere is black and the story is full of gore and violence. If you can take this go for it. You’ll be hooked in this wonderful story. Well I really like the way GUTS deals with problems and his strong will to survive. I just watch this over and over again when I’m angry for something, and this relax me a lot.

3) Planetes. I always liked sci.fi movies and anime. One of my favourite movie is 2001 A Space Odyssey. The reason why I compare them is that both show a possible future. According to this, the animation is very realistic, the characters’ interactions are complex , but the story flows very easily with a lot of funny moments. Are u looking for a teenager driving a mecha and saving the world? This Is not for you. There are not mechas, lasers or explosions in the airless space, but if your dream was to be an astronaut just enjoy this show.

4) Hajime no ippo. This is a sport anime about boxe. The story line is very simple and the animation is not the best you can find. Anyway this one has a special place in my top 10. I’ve never watched an anime that after 70 episode make you want more. I guess this is because each fight is so well prepared and described that u don’t want to know only who is going to win. Another good point is the humour. This anime has the most crazy and funny character ever: TAKAMURA.

5) Juuni Kokki aka twelve kingdom. Ok, after the first episode I had almost decided to stop watching it, but I thank god I went on. I’m really not into fantasy, dragoons and summoning stuff, but this story made me go over my prejudices. The story is taken from a famous romance, and you can tell that by the solid plot and the great character development. The entire show is full of wise advices on how to take your life and deal with your interior fears.

6) Texhnolyze. Do you like cyber punk culture? Yes? Then you must watch this. The show is from the same author of serial experiment lain, and you can tell that by the very slow pace of the plot. I think this is better though. The plot is following a temporal line development and is less difficult to understand tha SEL. The vision of the world is very negative and the description of the impact of technology on our life is the main focus. Anyway I found it very interesting because it’s full of symbolisms about religion, sociology, and psychology. I spent a weeks to find a meaning to some aspects of this anime just as I did when I watched Matrix.

7) Gungrave. This is another violent show. What I like about this one is the story. The first episode does not really tell what this anime is. I suggest to start watching from the second one. Basically the really good stuff is in the way all the Mafia story is told. It is not only a gun fights or monsters, it is also friendship, love and loyalty.

8) Ergo Proxy. WOW! This is what i said after watching the first episode. The animation here is what I really mean to be good. This is another cyber punk shows, dark atmosphere, robots and technology ruling over human life. It has not a good plot as Texhnolyze or SEL, but I really love the inspector Re-l Mayer. She is …..you know that!

9) Koi Kaze. Well I tell this straight this show is about incest. But is also a love story. I think that a show is good no matter what when gives you great emotions. I judge the message insane, but I must stress the greatness of this story.

10) Voices of a Distant Star. This is an OVA only 1 episode. It is like a poetry, short but intense. Another sad love story.
Rinoax3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:30 am Reply with quote
Outlaw Star
I have always thought Outlaw Star was simply pure entertainment. The cast is cool, the animation is cool, the ship is awesome and i just love this anime.

Trigun
Why like this? Well for starters its about GUNS, yes guns and alot of blood spilling. For what the series falls short on character (only 3 characters
are my favorite no matter what Vash, Wolfwood, and Legato it makes up for in plot, drama, action.Plus the transition between the dramatic episodes and the funny episodes is so funny that you sometimes you laugh for no reason

Last Exile
I heard great things about this. By far the best animation you'll find in a TV show, and it has the characters and storyline to back it up.It's an amazing show and the last 5-10 episodes are best out of the whole series

Ergo Proxy
This anime is one of the best animes i seen so far talking about androids and the future. Re-l Mayor, Vincent Law, and PINOOOOOO is on a journey to find out about Vincent laws past and etc... I will rate this anime 9/10 because 1-3 episodes out of 23 weren't needed.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
This anime is like gundam and deathnote blended together to complete this wonderful anime. This anime about "The Empire of Britannia has invaded Japan using giant robot weapons called Knightmare Frames. Japan is now referred to as Area 11, and its people the 11's". Lelouch is the mastermind planning the attack and stuff on Britannia while his best friend Suzaku is fighting against him, Its like Gundam Seed Kira and Athrun. And also Lelouch has the power to control people minds - pretty much like death note but the notebook kills them. The bad part is the director is going to release the last 2 episodes and he made his fans wait 4 months.... anyways i give this anime also 10/10

b]Full Metal Panic[/b] ( all 3 series )
I was searching through some anime uploaded sites like youtube veoh. And i found this along time ago. I pretty much like Mecha and stuff so this thing hooked me into it quick. And it has romance in a mech killing anime so thats a weird blend of genre put together. I will rate this also 10 out of 10 for its animation and its funny comedy. and also sagura in Fumoffu Very Happy

Great Teacher Onizuka
THIS IS MY FAVORITE ANIME!
Its about this gang member that wants to be the best teacher. He teaches his kids whats the point of living, teaching them not to hate teachers, and also The Vince Principal along with some other students are trying to get Onizuka fired.And THIS ANIME IS SOOOO FUNNY OMG i can not belive how much comedy this anime has. Made me laugh every episode more than 5 times. The first episode hooked me on because he cared about his students and the anime is pretty much perverted :]. spoiler[He even watched porn with his student LOL-] But the thing i hate most is the ending... spoiler[how did he ended up in California and black students LOL? but i really hope there is another season like he goes back and say hi to everyone and even miyabi.]
I will give this anime 10 out of 10. because it is that GREAT.
-UNDER THIS IS AN EDIT-
I forgot to mention if you like Bleach you should watch Great teacher Onizuka because one of the directors of GTO is the Director of "Bleach" for your infomation. And i forgot to write about bleach because i also like that anime but there is already alot of bleach favorites so im not going to bother.
-The ones i gave ratings were my favorite no matter what.
2Real

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:18 am Reply with quote
After Watching about 100 more shows from when I made my orignal Top 10 list. I think it is time I make some changes to that!

I'm not going to put them in any real order or numbered since all 10 will probly be onces i have watched and re-watched countless times.

Ergo Proxy (TV) Not an action packed show, but one that will put your mind to the test. It brought up some great views of the world that made me think. Exclent annimation along with a good story. Charactors that you can relate to and love/hate. This is one show that has made it into my collection, and will stay there for awhile.

FLCL (OAV) A short show, but still a great one. Captavtaing you in the begining, and sadening when you know its over. The story full of outragus stunts and events kept me laughing, while I grew to know the cheactors. By the time it was over I was wanting more, sadly there has been no talk of a follow up. Yet I don't think it could compare to the orignal. Awsome story, great music (especialy the opening and ending songs), good annimation, and unforgetable charectors make this one to rember.

Great Teacher Onizuka (TV) What can I say? It was funny. The stunts pulled and reactions to them by those around Onizuka, and Onizuka himself were priceless. The comedy in the show was only matched by the charactors that apeard in it. I grew to know and love them, while going through varrious struggles, and at the end I was left with the feeling of satisfaction at out the events played out.

Hellsing (TV) Top-notch! Animation was very well done, while keeping the flow of movments perfect. Music, another good soud track, that had some well placed parts coencideing with events to build the sceans up to what I'd call perfection. The story of a vampire hunting other vampires, while seens sevral times in movies and other shows, was still so well done I couldn't help but want to see it again...and again...and, well you get the idea.

Black Lagoon (TV) While this show was split into two different titles I will just put my opinion under one. Another action filled hit! Best way I can describe this show. Detailed charactors, whose opinions of the world varry so much. Comeing together on the single boat made it exciting in every episode. While I think the annimation had a few bad spots, I was willing to look past it at the top notch story. The music was good, mixing in with sceans to create a nice dramatic or sadening enviroment. Another one I plan to keep around for a while.

Madlax (TV) From the same creators of another show I loved, Noir, comes this mind blowing show. While it seemd every main charactor was female they still kick alot of butt. The strange happenings surounding the people in it all come together nicely. While they never gave away too much or too little of the storylne in each episode, they kept it full of action. Quality annimation and music come together making for some intence sceans and high points.

Noein - to your other self (TV) With the amazing story and well developed charactors this quickly made it's into my top 10. All the events come together nicely makeing me want to see more. I loved the story to this which, like Ergo Proxy, constanly had me thnking. While it isn't in my collection, I hope to put it there soon.

Outlaw Star (TV) The love of the unknown. Space, the ultimate unknown. That is just one of the reasons this has made an apearance in my top 10. The story while action packed and adventerous, had some good laughs in it. With the outragous crew that came together grand things happened. This was probly the 1st space related anime I ever saw, and it got me hooked on the genra. While others have made an inpresion apon me, none have been able to match the story and charactors of this show.

Monster (TV) An excelent slooth story if I ever saw one. With the charactors being devloped though an exclent story of twists and turns I couldn't help but love it. It kept me suprised and excited with each new delopment. By the end, I was copletly capivated. With good annimation and story/charactor devlopment I became a fan.

Shuffle! (TV) While I don't think of myself as a romantist, this show did get me to fall in love with it. Crazy and excentric charactors that are funny and deep at the same time. With all the comedy in the show the seriousness that devolps is amazing. The show kept me waiting to what was next, and by the end my mind was blown away. A well done show for being based off a video game. Love and drama come together nicely here to make it raise a few questions within myself.

Other anime that didn't make it onto the list but I would still like to reconise because they could have ezily made it on here are:Akira (movie) BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad (TV) Berserk (TV) Boogiepop Phantom (TV) Cowboy Bebop (TV) Coyote Ragtime Show (TV) Elfen Lied (TV) Fate/stay night (TV) Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (TV) Gunbuster 2 (OAV) Neon Genesis Evangelion (TV) Ninja Scroll (movie) Noir (TV) Samurai 7 (TV) Serial Experiments Lain (TV) Texhnolyze (TV) The Twelve Kingdoms (TV) Trigun (TV) Vampire Princess Miyu (TV)

As for my 5 least favorite animes....hmmm. I think I can name a few.

Naruto (TV) With its cheesey catch phrases and over obsesion of ramen noobles it quickly began to remind me of another anime i had seen. Eventuly the repition and the predicability of event became rather depresing. I couldn't watch it for long.

Ninja Scroll (TV) Thank god, or whoever is up there, that the movie came 1st! With the some of the same charactors as the movie had, in the period they were seporated mostdid a complete 180 on their attidues, not to mention bringing new VAs on it which kind of ruined the imagesi held for the movie of everyone. While they kept the gore and blood shed of the movie I felt as tho the reasoning for it had been lost. All-in-all, it couldnt matchup to the movie that pushed me into watching anime in the 1st place.

There are still a few that i won't finish, but the reasons for those are just the genra mostly. So I can't excatly say "i hate them" or "I'll never pick them up again" when in reality I never realy picked them up in the 1st place.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 62 of 122