• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Peach Girl DVD 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bci110

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:38 am Reply with quote
Sae's shennanigans are the main reason why I still have interest in watching this series. Without her, Peach Girl would be just another run-of-the-mill teenaged romance drama in my view.

I'll also say that Cherami Leigh is definitely going to be a star in the dubbing industry. Her vocal range and style reminds me somewhat of Brittney Karbowski and Jessica Boone during her earlier days.
Heretic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quote
Peach Girl reminds me of why I both love and hate romance/drama anime. I quit watching them for a while, but maybe one at a time is the way to go for me. Peach Girl should fulfill that quota. I watched the first DVD and enjoyed it...and hated it at the same time, but I coudn't stop watching.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:42 am Reply with quote
I wanted to strangle Sae after volume 1, as she is the type of person I just can't stand, so Volume 2 was much more enjoyable seeing as she gets some comeuppance, but eventually she reverts to form (honestly, some people never learn!). I have Volume 3 coming today from Netflix, so it should be interesting to see where it goes. I haven't read the manga, so I don't have any idea where it is going from here, but I personally am rooting for Kairi to end up with Momo. Toji is dumber than a box of rocks!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1