• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Akatsuki no Yona (manga).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:47 pm Reply with quote

Akatsuki no Yona (manga)

Genres: adventure, fantasy, romance
Themes: politics

Plot Summary: After a tragic betrayal by one of her closest friends, Yona must flee the castle and her sheltered life as a princess, and gain allies as well as personal strength in order to take back her rightful place as ruler.

Anime Adaptation: Yona of the Dawn (TV)

Anime Discussion Thread: Yona of the Dawn (TV)
----------------------------------

This is a place to discuss what's been going on in the manga. Since the scanlations have yet to catch up with the raws, I encourage people to include what chapter you're talking about outside of the spoiler tags.

Discussion for latest raw chapter 103: spoiler[Poor Zeno. I knew his back story wasn't going to be easy given his powers, but it's so sad to see him being left behind. I wonder why Hiryuu didn't want him fighting at all though? Is he trying to reduce the amount of grief that Zeno will suffer? If Zeno actually isn't immortal (he just lives a long time), does using his powers extend his lifetime?]

Also, the anime page spells his name as Jeno. Making the switch from Kija to Gija and Zeno to Jeno is a little difficult because I've gotten used to the scanlation names. Since they're intended to be Korean names (with Kouka being a historical imperial Korea), so I'd be curious as to which spellings of the names are more appropriate. Then again, since this is romanization of a Japanese spelling of a Korean name, there probably isn't one right answer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:35 am Reply with quote
I got so caught up in the anime, I forgot to check the manga forum for a few weeks...! Whoops.

I read the Japanese volumes so I'm a little unsure how well I can converse about the manga with other fans, being at a different point in the story (ahead of scans, behind raws), but I may come back here to post my thoughts once I get v17. I'm happy to discuss the earlier books as well :) The last couple volumes have been really good...
Bianca-Sama

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm caught up to chapter 108 of the manga, and let me tell ya, Zeno's backstory is depressing A'f.

So far, I really really really like the series. Especially sense I find myself falling in love with all of the characters. Idk, it's super hard for me to decide on who is my favorite. I even love Yona, despite me not liking her at all at the beginning of the series.
lys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Bianca-Sama wrote:
I'm caught up to chapter 108 of the manga, and let me tell ya, Zeno's backstory is depressing A'f.

My Kinokuniya order with volume 18 (ch100-105) arrived today, and I read it tonight as soon as I could spare a moment. As a rule I don't love extended flashbacks (especially those that take up nearly an entire volume) because they take me away from the main story and I get impatient... but when I got past that, it was good to learn some more about his history, sad as it was. And it was fun to see spoiler[the little guys :) Aww♥] I love how much detail and heart Kusanagi-sensei puts into all the characters' relationships with each other, not just focusing on the "main" one or two. All of them are so dear to me!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1