• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Top navigation bar links not working...

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oraculo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:23 am Reply with quote
The links on the top of the ANN web page or the navigation bar with the "News", "Views", "New Anime", etc. links are not working on my browser (Safari 7.1.3). All the rest of the links on the ANN pages work, but this bug is particularly annoying since I cannot check/edit my account, My ANN or use the forum, unless it's in a very roundabout manner. Please don't suggest using another browser. IE doesn't work on my system and FF just started to seriously freak out on me - basically not recognizing javascript for some reason... (I did try to reinstall it several times)
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:50 am Reply with quote
Oraculo wrote:
The links on the top of the ANN web page or the navigation bar with the "News", "Views", "New Anime", etc. links are not working on my browser (Safari 7.1.3). All the rest of the links on the ANN pages work, but this bug is particularly annoying since I cannot check/edit my account, My ANN or use the forum, unless it's in a very roundabout manner. Please don't suggest using another browser. IE doesn't work on my system and FF just started to seriously freak out on me - basically not recognizing javascript for some reason... (I did try to reinstall it several times)

Huh, that's odd. I'm using Google Chrome and I don't have any problem with ANN so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:18 am Reply with quote
Anyone else on Safari having that? It sounds like a "all javascript failed to load" problem to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Northlander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
OK, I've got a problem with this too. I can't access the info bar at all. The images in the rotating banner doesn't show up, either of them, and while the arrow icons that'll let me select between them pop up on mouseover, they don't do anything when clicked either. Neither can I select any of the layouts. (And, weirdly enough, the article images don't extend to their "widescreen" version while the page loads anymore either, like it used to before.)

I can still read the articles and post here, of course, as long as I enter the forum through the link at the bottom of an article.

I use Firefox myself, and while I also use noscript and Adblock Edge, they're both disabled on this site. The site does work more or less like normal on IE, but I don't particularly want to use that browser.

I tried deleting the cookies, but that did nothing.

Oh, and this started not long ago. Either yesterday or the day before.
Merida

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:38 am Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
OK, I've got a problem with this too. I can't access the info bar at all. The images in the rotating banner doesn't show up, either of them, and while the arrow icons that'll let me select between them pop up on mouseover, they don't do anything when clicked either. Neither can I select any of the layouts. (And, weirdly enough, the article images don't extend to their "widescreen" version while the page loads anymore either, like it used to before.)

I'm experiencing the exact same problems with Firefox. It started out of the blue just a couple of days ago. With Chrome everything seems to work just fine.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:07 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like a javascript problem, but everything works for me in Firefox. Maybe a file failed to load correctly? Try to force-reload the page (ctrl-shift-R I think)

If that fails try to find if the browser reports javascript errors and post them here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Urizithar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Same here. Everything was perfect last time I visited (yesterday or the day before) and now I'm stuck with default layout and can't use menu/info bar/whatever it's called at all (picture below doesn't load as well). Everything seems ok on chrome or opera though.
egozi14

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Hi there

Starting around 2 days ago ANN start to act broken on IE10 and FF

All buttons don't works, it only show grid view with images,

I tried to delete the cookies, use different browsers (ff in this case)
and had the same issue

the issue don't seem to be persent in Chrom (with I'm using atm in order to write that thread)

Please fix it, I can't read stuff in the site like that

thanks
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm using Firefox 38.0.5 and I'm not having any trouble. Just saying.
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:24 am Reply with quote
Having the problem on two different machines now, one has Windows 7 the other 8.1, both have the latest version of Firefox (NoScript is installed but disabled for this site, no Adblock).

I don't see any JavaScript errors and neither force-reload nor deleting cookies helped. Gonna switch to Chrome for the time being but i'm hoping it's gonna get fixed sooner or later. Thanks in advance.
Nayoko-Kihara

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:59 am Reply with quote
I'm now experiencing this as well, between two PCs (one IE, one FF). Navigation links, layout options, and text-links to articles are non-functioning.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:18 am Reply with quote
I've tried purging the CDN cache for the javascript file that handles the menu. If that doesn't work, please tell me if you also have the problem on www.d.animenewsnetwork.com/
Northlander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
Nope. Still not working, even on the link you provided.

Another thing I noticed: I set the Haibane skin to be my default on ANN, and while the show logo appears on top, the sidebar that's supposed to show Rakka... well, doesn't. It's just a grey slate now. It showed the Nisekoi banner a couple of times in its entirety, though, which I'm guessing the site enforces every once in a while to bring access to recent releases despite individual settings. (I remember it showing me the latest High School DxD banner too at times before all of this.)

Also, clicking that region thing you have to the right of the site logo (that says "USA & Canada") also seemingly does nothing. Weirdly enough, I can click that huge white area where the rotation images are supposed to be, which takes me to that "Sailor Moon isn't THAT bad" page, so... that works, somehow.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:38 am Reply with quote
It's definitely a problem with javascript, but if the browser reports no javascript errors...

Can you try disabling noscript *entirely* ?

I'm grasping at threads here.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:41 am Reply with quote
I just pulled open my FF (I usually use Chrome), and am having no problems.

My FF has Adblock on, and NoScript is allowing animenewsnetwork.com, cloudflare.com, quantserve.com, and googleapis.com. skimresources.com is not allowed or blocked, and google-analytics.com and scorecardresearch.com are marked as untrusted.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3