• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Episode reviews and scores

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:18 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
I did not understand how it applied in the context used, but I was not curious enough to put any thought into it.
Now that I know that it probably means person who cares about social justice I still do not understand how it applies.

Are you saying that you don't understand the context I was using it in or Shonen Jump Weekly as a label or Shonen Jump Weekly(Wink)?

Part of Rogueywon's post was that the grading system leads to less than civil behavior and they should be modified or "ditched". I pointed out that many things can stir controversy, but people are responsible for their behavior and how they respond in the forum. I listed some examples where discussions can get inflamed. The last one had to do with when the Shonen Jump Weekly label starts getting thrown around. I probably should have been more specific, but I didn't want to accidentally open that can of worms. As an example, if a forum poster or reviewer uses a word like say "degrading" in regards to how women are presented in a show, there's a chance you will be called an angry feminist or Shonen Jump Weekly. That's basically it. My point was that its not the structure that is in place, its how some people act.

Key wrote:
One-Eye wrote:
Some fans don't react particularly well if a reviewer or other forum member considers some scenes in an anime distasteful, then there is the possibility that "Shonen Jump Weekly" label starts getting thrown around.

Is is sad that I actually had to look up what Shonen Jump Weekly meant? Rolling Eyes

Well, it probably means that you're busy and haven't been exposed to some of the conservative pundits out there. I recall Michelle Malkin making use of the term on more than one occasion. However, I'm curious where the term started because I don't necessarily see people who use the term on the internet as necessarily "conservative". Was it something appropriated by the internet from the real world or vice versa?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2