• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Assassination Classroom (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galap

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Sure, he reported it to us, and we dealt with it, but that doesn't make it right to post spoilers like that.

I've seen this very specific problem happen several times, where someone comes in talking about the source material and doesn't think that they're revealing anything important, while the people reading their post disagree.

The problem with spoilers is that any information that someone viewing the material the 'normal' way doesn't have access to can be annoying to see. People watching things are trying to form their own thoughts about it, and figure out what's going on with the information they have available at the time, and someone coming and even saying what isn't going to end up being important can be a real buzzkill.

Our rule is that anything that comes from source material that is either different than what happens in the adaptation, doesn't happen in the adaptation, or happens at a later point in time must be put in spoiler tags and before the tags the poster has to say that the spoiler comes from the source material.
Rogueywon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... just seen episode 11. I'd been wondering for a while how well this series would handle "serious plot"...

And the answer is "very well" (slightly to my surprise). This has been one of those shows I watch each week, enjoy and then don't think about again until the next episode airs. If it can keep up the level of quality from episode 11, that might change.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know which anime/manga were referenced when new pupil declared that he is spoiler[brother] of yellow octopus?

There was a row of stylized "screenshots" from projects where spoiler[brothers opposing each other].

Thanks in advance.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:23 pm Reply with quote
DBZ, Fist of the North Star, and I don't know the third
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:43 pm Reply with quote
The third one was Saint Seiya. Shame on you.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:20 pm Reply with quote
@getchman, Ohoni:

Thanks; I knew DBZ and Saint Seya, but not Fist of the North Star.

Do all three of those anime have brothers fighting each other?
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:33 am Reply with quote
Almost every shonen series has at least spiritual brothers fighting at some point, and yes, in most cases blood brothers as well. I mean, Sasuke/Itachi, Killua/Illumi, YohAsakura/[spoilers], etc.

The only truly positive shonen example of non-twin brothers that get along is LuffyxAce.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quote
How I just love the style of this show...

Episode 12:

spoiler[This week, we get baseball and a new OP song. I think I like the previous one better still but the new one is catchy by its own standards. And as usual, the episode had some decent action but more importantly, it was nice to see some of the students employ their assassin skills during the game. Fabulous.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Ep 12: Well that was kind of fun but I see one downer to it.

Does anyone besides me think this anime shortchanges its female student characters? Aside from Ritsu who isn't really a girl none of the girls get any development at all.

And as if to nail it, the girl's spoiler[basketball competition is not only not shown but it doesn't seem to count at all. At the end Koro-sensei muses that's "one win one loss" -- the midterms and the boys baseball game.] Talk about dissing the girls.

Irina still cracks me up for some reason even didn't get much screen time.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
New OP animation has the same spirit as the first, but I like this song more. Re-using scenes from the episodes that have aired previously does save money for more lavish visuals in the weeks to come.

Weirdest baseball game over, it should also come with an advisory to children to NOT attempt the stunts portrayed during the episode. Despite the cultural barrier that baseball presents to anyone outside of the United States, Cuba, Japan and Taiwan, the gimmicks used by both sides should have been easy to identify with.

The score between the school director and Koro-Sensei should stand at 1-1, since neither the director nor Koro-Sensei intervened during the basketball match. It might seem unfair to some that the girls get no screen time in this episode, but basketball is a sport whereby physical attributes and practice override any form of gimmickry or special training sessions over a short period of time.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:19 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Does anyone besides me think this anime shortchanges its female student characters? Aside from Ritsu who isn't really a girl none of the girls get any development at all.

And as if to nail it, the girl's spoiler[basketball competition is not only not shown but it doesn't seem to count at all. At the end Koro-sensei muses that's "one win one loss" -- the midterms and the boys baseball game.] Talk about dissing the girls.

We have previously had the chemistry girl and the girl who used to be a delinquent. I would say that we just have not had a huge chance to look at many of the students, the male ones who have had the most development have been the three lead males (girly, baseball, and scary).

Baseball was the spoiler[one that really wanted to win the unfair match pairing, which is why Koro focused on it].
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:14 am Reply with quote
Baseball time!
E class doing their best once again.
ROFL those stuck up boys got what they deserved.
Of course the principal needed to intervene..
That guy sure can scare people into giving it their all.
Still, fear can never win against good leadership.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13

That was freaking awesome. spoiler[I just love how the students stood up to their new teacher despite him quite malevolent. And this episode also shows Nagisa's potential as a formidable assassin too! Nice.]

Last edited by Stark700 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
@Stark700: I take it you're referring to episode 13 and not 12?

One of my favourite episodes of this series, both at source and in the adaptation.

Karasuma and his strictly professional approach has its main disadvantage in its inability 99% of the time to strike a rapport with those under his watch, but I share the series' opinion that his approach works better than the results-oriented but simplistic (and brutal) methods used by Takaoka.

Episode has just about everything, seeing Karasuma and the students in action as well as a brief cameo from the disconcerting but efficient director of education. Only thing about it is Koro-Sensei being moved out of the spotlight briefly in this episode, although that's not a bad thing with the cast of characters on display.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
One of my favourite episodes of this series, both at source and in the adaptation.

Agreed. I don't use the word awesome seriously very often but this was awesome seriously.

Interesting that Koro-sensei is in the background for a second straight episode but everything seems to work that way.

Also very intriguing is the appearance of the principal in a oblique role. What's his deal? One one hand it seems unforgivable what he has done to Class E but it seems he has something more to him than just being evil.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 19