• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Log Horizon (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 20:

Decent episode overall with the spoiler[balance ranging from Nyanta's fight on the train to Nureha's self reflection of what Tohya said last time. But imo, the big highlight of the episode is Isuzu singing her heart out in the amidst of all that chaos. You go girl!]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:11 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 21:

Well, spoiler[I though this episode was kinda funny. Camus has some sort of strange ability though relating to hypnosis but I wonder if we will see more of that later on...]

And as for this episode, it's more like the spoiler[aftermath so I expect new developments to come soon, starting with that mysterious letter. Oh, nice to see Soujirou this week as well Very Happy]

....and episode 22:

Wow, there was a lot revealed this episode in regarding spoiler[Roe2's connection with Shiroe, the Moon (and the sparkles), some of the creatures, as well as the buildup of the upcoming war.]

Quite interesting because at the end, spoiler[it shows Shiroe and the group's interest in returning home, a goal that I wonder if they can accomplish.] Rather interesting buildup imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 22

Well we now have a wider idea of the plot thanks to Roe2. An spoiler[artificial alien people are trying to find an energy source called "Empathions"], which as we can probably guess is the spoiler[little bit that they lose when they die and go to the moon]. Some of the artspoiler[ificial people seem to be going forward to try and create war so they can get more resources, which explains some of the glitch monsters and stuff, but technically they should stop because humans are too high a sentient rating].

Also, I thought that Akatsuki was especially adorable in the episode. Tetra was especially funny.
Welkin Gunther

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:31 am Reply with quote
{No one-liners. PUT REASONS. ~nbahn}
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Teh Rules wrote:
3. Discussions should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, then do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions; lists and one-liners do not contribute.

You see the kid talking about laser beams? Even he can give a reason for liking them, when some of you don't even bother to put a simple single sentence as to why you like something. And because of that, I am saddened by your laziness. Show some passion and at least out-intellect him. Is it that difficult?

Yes, apparently it is that DIFFICULT. Rolling Eyes It's not just me that's irritated about this.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:28 pm Reply with quote
S2 Ep 22, the episode was filler that (for me at least) felt low on even by LH previous standards.

Normally I don't call out filler animation, but it was pretty glaring this time around especially coming off a multi episode action set up.

The content of the episode was fine, mostly observations of "current daily conflicts" with a bit of necessary plot dump spoiler[in regards to Roe2 being what amounts to a "spy" for a currently enigmatic faction.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:18 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 23:
Hmm. I think I liked spoiler[Issac's role in this episode. Not only did he prevent an assassination but I think he may be playing a prominent role in the upcoming episodes as well now that a lot of people in Akihabara are asleep....]

Also, that kid he was training has a lot of potential imo.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:47 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 23

We had already seen that Lenessia spoiler[had little interest in actively taking part in politics, so even though her brother is a lot younger, he seems more fit for the role]. I don't see Lenessia spoiler[minding].

Looks like they are spoiler[suddenly in the middle of an event].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 24:

Pretty solid episode overall with tons of action. spoiler[This really seemed like they are going for a conclusion by the direction of the storytelling here. Almost every character participates in the major fight against a variety of odd monsters. (Minotaur anyone?)]

Anyways yeah, spoiler[badass ending]. Literally. Looking forward to the series' finale. (I can't see another season being made from this)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Shiroe was spoiler[super distracted], he just was not spoiler[his usual tough self until he did his glasses thing].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
Damn...I'm going to miss this series. I mean, I think it kind of ended on an open note so anything is possible right? A probable third season in the future? One can only hope I guess...

Still, a very satisfying journey despite a few pacing problems here and there.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:55 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 24 (finale)

A rare treat just to see the entire Log Horizon and other characters working together in the same fight.

A surprising amount of twists in the episode to along the lines of direction, which makes me really want a third season. It was kind of a sad twist that Kanami had a young daughter she was not able to see during the events of the series but her actual wish was more shocking. Shiroe is convinced spoiler[to go for choice 3 in instead connecting the new and old world so not only can people choose to go back, but also bring people back over]. And they threw in the reveal that spoiler[her group had picked up Crusty, an important message interrupted].

Whether there will be a third season, I don't know but I have hope. The first season was particularly fresh so it was a really good watch, but I feel like things have begun to drag a bit, although there is so much I still want to see. Tetra was a great addition to this series, sure there were some annoying parts, but that it seems so deliberate on her part I find her funny. The show made a note that people were becoming like their characters, so I would have liked knowing a little more insight into her experience on previously be a guy.

A comment specifically from my brother, he was not a big fan of the changes in character design that came from this series going over to another studio. I think that I felt the same, but with this final episode I cannot really complain that much. The charm of this series is still largely intact, and this fusion of gamers and fantasy is appealing. I rate it Very good, don't miss it.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:41 am Reply with quote
Does anyone else think that the Sage guy they hang out with is up to no good? I mean, maybe good, but definitely his own thing? He seems to have a lot of "oops" moments and know way more than he lets on. I think he has some goal for the adventurers that he's nudging them towards. Shiroe is likely aware of this.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:54 pm Reply with quote
MysticMew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:17 am Reply with quote
I just saw it here, too..... THAT has me really worried considering there was already a decent worry at the end of second season of whether or not LH would share the same fate of other anime that just never get continued/finished. If it was a vague fear before, it probably got a lot more real... Not the kind of news I wanted waking up. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 45 of 47