• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Elfen Lied Blu-ray Listed on Amazon UK

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zemnort

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, I have the US BD, but I may just double dip for the case & artbook, I've never heard of this publisher though. :)
ninja noir

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:50 am Reply with quote
I bought 101's DVD release when it came out, and do recall them saying back then that they would look into a BD release. Might have to get this then, if it isn't to expensive. I think I can recall their DVD release being about £45...
NormanicGrav

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:41 am Reply with quote
Judging by the specs and the extras, it looks like it's going to be the exact same version that Section23 put out in 2013. Which may also explain how they managed to get the OVA as well (since it was already included in the US Blu-ray release).

This does mean that the English audio issue may remain on the UK release. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Pricing will also be quite crucial since the US version is cheaper and is also Region B compatible. I hope the Metal case and booklet will make up for it.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Zemnort wrote:
I've never heard of this publisher though. Smile

101 have previously re-released a few old ADV titles - RahXephon, LAdy Death and indeed Elfen Lied on DVD.
They are basically Lace, ADV's old UK distribution parter (their titles are even listed with the British Video Association under Lace).

ninja noir wrote:
Might have to get this then, if it isn't to expensive. I think I can recall their DVD release being about £45...

The RRP for the DVD was also £59.99 and you can get it for £30 on Amazon now.

NormanicCrazer wrote:
Judging by the specs and the extras, it looks like it's going to be the exact same version that Section23 put out in 2013. Which may also explain how they managed to get the OVA as well (since it was already included in the US Blu-ray release).

Technically Section 23 were just the distributor. It is still an ADV title and they are the publisher.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1