• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIN-NE (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:09 am Reply with quote

RIN-NE (Kyokai no Rinne) (TV)

Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen, Supernatural
Themes:

Plot Summary: High school student Sakura Mamiya began to see ghosts and ghouls after she was tricked into taking a trip to the otherworld as a child. However, cool and collected, she is not extremely phased when she finds out that her always-absent classmate Rinne Rokudō is actually working as a shinigami (god of death) on the side, helping lost spirits reach the wheel of reincarnation. Although he is a talented young man with shinigami blood in his veins, he is extremely poor, and is forced to rely on Sakura's assistance- monetary or otherwise- to solve many of his cases.
----------------------------------

Already confirmed as a 2 cour and plenty to adapt (I expect possibly more seasons in the future), this series has quite an interesting premise. The main protagonist has supernatural abilities and they get into contact with another character who works as a Shinigami; kinda sounds like Noragami in a way.

Anyways, there's a lot the show could work with and Brain Base is adapting this. The show also establishes a setting where I think people will find very familiar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sobe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:11 am Reply with quote
Lol, I'm not surprised a descendent of Miroku made it to the present time. Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Kind of an old school look, and story feels similar to Noragami. I found it surprisingly entertaining, like funny.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:11 am Reply with quote
I liked it on most parts. The comedy aspect of it feels refreshing while the main leads already have a sort of of chemistry. And not to mention, animation feels smooth as well.

I also think I like the OP song for this show among my top 3 for this Spring season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:20 am Reply with quote
I liked it. It does feel old school but that's not a black mark in my book. I chuckled every time the narrator boomed out the cost of a specific spirit move.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:46 pm Reply with quote
This one looks like fun.
Red haired guy, Rokudou, is pretty intriguing.
That Haori is a very interesting item of clothing.
It's about spirits but it totally has its fun sides.
Looks like dealing with spirits has a price tag LOL
No wonder Rokudou is poor..
I'll give it a try.
MysticMew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I sorta liked this... Which is probably a lot since I have so far no strong opinion of anything this season.

Well, it's Takashi, so you can kind of expect what will happen... or not. I mean no brash main character who gets clobbered by mildly-to-overly violent girl. Color me surprised. Anime smile

But really, I have no problem with old school. Lately anime have been getting so full of themselves by trying to be absolutely super colorful but then forget how to do proper storytelling (Rolling Girls *cough*). I think I'll add this to my list for now. At the very least I will give it a few more episodes.
Justaway

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Funny thing, when I saw the poster and style of the anime my first thought was "This looks like a series from Inuyasha's time" not because it reminded me of it, just looked like it was made somewhere in the 90s and Inuyasha was the first thing that came to mind. Then I find out they're done by the same author. xD

Definitely reminded me of Noragami with the penny-less protagonist hunting ghosts. Although this manga came first apparently. Not that it's a totally unique concept to begin with but still...

Was a fun first episode, I enjoyed the very silly moments like how the first ghost's story was resolved.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:34 pm Reply with quote
It's been quite a while since I've taken an interest in a Takahashi title. Despite really liking Urusei Yatsura and totally loving Maison Ikokku, Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha never did really interest me all that much.
kgw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:32 am Reply with quote
Overall, I liked, but I can't help but thinking Rumiko Takahashi is writting it in auto-pilot. I bought the first volumes and left them, "meh".

About the animation... it might sound strange but everything seems bland, specially the colours.
lucio542

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:13 am Reply with quote
its a good anime for watch but its not one in the bests of this season i think.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

That was an anticlimactic reveal.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2...

Funny episode and I like the grandma quite a bit with her personality. I hope a story arc begins unravels soon as each episode so far feels like the 'Monster of the Week' format.
MysticMew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:32 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 2

That was an anticlimactic reveal.

The whole thing feels rather... slow-paced. At the moment it's more running off it's brand of humor but it remains to be seen how long this can last. I still like it but this show needs some real direction pretty soon.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Rokudou's spoiler[grandma] sure is a piece of work.
No mercy from that one..
spoiler[Sakura caught an interesting ride & ended up in a different world.]
That girl sure is naive..
She should've thought twice before just going along with it.
*sigh* Sakura can be pretty stupid sometimes.
At least some of her spoiler[past got shown in a fun flashback].
Nice episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5