• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digimon tri. Anime's Human Cast, Promo, Broadcast Date Unveiling on May 6

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:48 am Reply with quote
Delay or not, I just hope this isn't going to be a Sailor Moon Cyrstal incident. I was already worried about this series because we have to accept 02's ending as cannon so adding more mishaps like this isn't good for the nerves.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:38 am Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:

Spring Season Goes from beginning of April to ends of June!!

The industry doesn't literally follow the dates on a calendar. For airing, spring is consider March-May, and June-August is considered summer.

It also seems strange that you are claiming it isn't delayed when we don't have an announced air date yet. (Keep in mind the May 6 date is only the announcement of the broadcast details, not the broadcast itself).

As to your claim that ANN was responsible for saying in April, then why did other sites list the same? Sites would normally list "spring" if more specific information had never been given (and certainly did so for other series until more specific information was given).
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:02 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
As to your claim that ANN was responsible for saying in April, then why did other sites list the same? Sites would normally list "spring" if more specific information had never been given (and certainly did so for other series until more specific information was given).

Searching for things on my phone is nigh impossible. If you link me to the Japanese news that supposedly said "spring", I'll reconfirm the Japanese.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:12 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Searching for things on my phone is nigh impossible. If you link me to the Japanese news that supposedly said "spring", I'll reconfirm the Japanese.

Press release by Toei.
First PV by Toei.
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
bigivel wrote:

Spring Season Goes from beginning of April to ends of June!!

The industry doesn't literally follow the dates on a calendar. For airing, spring is consider March-May, and June-August is considered summer.

It also seems strange that you are claiming it isn't delayed when we don't have an announced air date yet. (Keep in mind the May 6 date is only the announcement of the broadcast details, not the broadcast itself).

You're wrong! You're the one that are talking of the calendar seasons!
Here Japanese Calendar seasons:
Spring -> March-May
Summer -> June-August
Autumn -> September-November
Winter -> December-February
Source: http://www.daisuki-japan.com/time-line-in-japan/seasons-of-japan/

In terms of anime they all start in the 2nd month of the respective Calendar season and end in the 1st month of the next Calendar season(Of course there are some exceptions. Majorly short anime both in duration and airing length).

Yep, we don't have an announced air date yet, I know that May 6 is just the PV and announcement of schedule! But the season ends in June(calendar in May) and while Toei is trying to be mysterious about the air date, is almost as clear as day that Digimon Adventure Tri will substitute Dragon Ball kai! Why? Because Dragon Ball Kai timeslot is a Toei animation exclusive timeslot! Because Dragon Ball Kai is ending! Because Toei doesn't has planned any other TV anime for now! And because that timeslot is the original Digimon Adventure timeslot! Because a popular series like Digimon Adventure is the perfect series to enter the Big 9 anime Block with One Piece.

So unless,
- Toei looses a timeslot that was their since 1981(and probably even before!)
- Toei Dragon Ball Kai doesn't end soon(How things are going it will end around 4-6 episodes from now, and so Digimon Tri will start in 17 or 31 of May. If for some reason DBK takes longer in its final phase, Digimon can possibly start in the beginnings of June.)
- Toei suddenly brings up from nowhere another TV anime and as soon as the announcement starts airing it.
- Toei decides to put Digimon Adventure Tri in a different timeslot than the original series even though they are heavily marketing it for being the continuation of the Adventure series.
- Toei decides to not put Digimon Adventure Tri right next to One Piece. And with that not increase both their TV ratings.

So basically is kind of obvious where things are going. Is not 100% sure, but pretty close.

ANN is the most, or one of the most, trustworthy anime information sites in the West, right now. A lot of people take their words, me included.

Now, I complained about them, but I don't know if they also took that information erroneously from somewhere else. But by the article where they say April, it seems like they took the "Spring 2015" announcement to mean April. I don't blame them, majority of series start at the first month of the season. I also hoped that was the case, but that wasn't what was announced.

Not all places took the April as sure though! A lot of them did, but not all.
Also you can look anywhere, because I did, and you will not find a specific April announcement by Toei, just Spring!
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I really don't know what your problem is. Spring anime usually comes out tail end of March/beginning of April. So when they say Spring it makes sense everyone was thinking April. I doubt it's coming in May so its looking at least Summer season.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:

- Toei suddenly brings up from nowhere another TV anime and as soon as the announcement starts airing it.

A new Gegege no Kitaro series is in production. Given that the series has been on Fuji TV since the late 1960s, I can't imagine the show airing anywhere else but there, so this brings up a couple questions at the moment.
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:28 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
bigivel wrote:

A new Gegege no Kitaro series is in production. Given that the series has been on Fuji TV since the late 1960s, I can't imagine the show airing anywhere else but there, so this brings up a couple questions at the moment.

Gegege no Kitaro series in production is a rumor!

Even if that is true, it can come out after Digimon Tri, even if this one takes 1 year.

Also there is no official announcement about a new Gegege no Kitaro 6th remake even being greenlit, so it going right to air is unlikely.

Gegege no Kitaro was only in that timeslot in its 4th and 5th remake! Before that it aired around 18h30m and 19h.
Digimon always aired in that slot, except the Xros version that aired in TV Asahi and not in Fuji TV.

At the moment Gegege no Kitaro substituting after Dragon Ball Kai is as probable as Toriko 2nd season coming instead.
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
I really don't know what your problem is. Spring anime usually comes out tail end of March/beginning of April. So when they say Spring it makes sense everyone was thinking April. I doubt it's coming in May so its looking at least Summer season.

Not problem, just saying!

Pretty Cure series come since 2004, and is right now in its 12th iteration. Every Iteration comes in Winter, but instead of "tail end of December/beginning of January" it always come in February. Still Winter though.

Even if we consider June has Summer! There is nothing that said that Digimon Tri comes in June.
A lot, if not most(all?), of PVs with announced air date come 1 to 2 weeks before it.
So my estimation of it coming around 17 to 31 of May is still very much possible.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I dunno, the show is definitely looking like it's delayed to me if they're not even announcing the details and cast until May. It'd be pretty abnormal for that sort of stuff to be announced if the show was going to start airing, like, a week or so later, and I can't imagine the show starting in June and that counting as "spring."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:33 pm Reply with quote
"The reason why they are only airing the original Digimon 01 because Tri retcons 02." -said someone out there in the world.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:

You're wrong! You're the one that are talking of the calendar seasons!

No, I am not, as the calendar seasons are based on the equinoxes and solstices, which fall around 2/3 of the way through the months of March, June, September, and December.

From a northern hemisphere perspective and most countries following the Gregorian calendar, March is more winter than spring, June is more spring than summer, etc. (I note "northern hemisphere" as the seasons are reversed for the southern hemisphere, of course).

Japan apparently doesn't have official start and and end dates for seasons (note even the site you linked to doesn't list dates), and the traditional dates are even further from those here in North America. Those traditional dates put the middle of the season on the equinoxes and solstices, rather than beginning and ending on them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_calendar#Seasons

Arguments over "calendar seasons" aside, look at any anime airing schedule for the past many years (and probably even before that), and you'll see any anime that premiered in March-May was listed as spring, and any in June-August as summer.

I see no support for your assertion that, "Spring Season Goes from beginning of April to ends of June!!", whether we are talking calendar seasons or airing seasons.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
This better good news if we have to wait until then and due to the fact that a lot of fans have been waiting and many are likely getting tired of waiting.

Like I said before, make a web series.

To explain why, I will quote Hameyadea's post from the "Ninja Slayer Net Anime Includes 26 15-Minute Episodes" thread.

Quote:
unlike other shows this Season (or in general), this one gets released digitally. Meaning that it avoids being chained-down by regular programming schedule, and as such it can have as many episodes and as long as the studio wants (of course there's the sponsors to think about, but you catch my drift
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Juno016 wrote:

Press release by Toei.
First PV by Toei.

I don't see anything in either to suggest a Spring release for Tri, actually. Were these the things that ANN said announced a sring release?
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I don't see anything in either to suggest a Spring release for Tri, actually. Were these the things that ANN said announced a sring release?

It's written in both in Japanese. Here's the English PV from Toei. The text to look for in the PR is "公開は2015年春頃を予定しております"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2