• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How can I buy the Godzilla PS3 game if I live in the U.S.?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterforJC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:48 am Reply with quote
What's the best way to buy the upcoming Godzilla game if I live in the U.S.? Which website is the most reliable?

Also, are Japanese PS3 games playable on U.S. PS3's? Thanks.
Sunara Ishi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote
All games on the PS3 are region free. That means that you can play Japanese games on a U.S. PS3 but be aware that it won't be in english. But to get any DLC, you'd have to make an Japanese account and buy a Japanese points card.

Please note that blu-rays and dvds are region locked. So you'd have to buy those in the U.S.

You can import them through places like CDJapan or YesAsia. Or if you have a local import store, you can also use that; but not all areas have one because they have trouble staying afloat.

I'd recommend just waiting for the US release unless you know Japanese. It sounds like Godzilla is estimated to come out in Fall according to gamefaqs. It'd cost more to import it, even more so if you decide to get the U.S. release in addition... and because the wait doesn't seem like it'd be that long, it might be better just to get the U.S. one.
PopetherevXXVIII

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote
NCSX is your best bet.

Also it's worth noting that Japanese blu rays will play on US blu ray players, Japan, Hong Kong and the US are all Blu Ray Region A
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1