• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Death Note TV Drama to Feature New Cast, Near

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HEY!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:33 am Reply with quote
HAHAHA Near! One the other hand, it's an original story so it could be either good or a caricature of the manga despite common issues people have with the second half. At the very least I'll check out the first episode, but I don't have high expectations for a tv drama.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:48 am Reply with quote
The problem I had with the manga was spoiler[after L died]. It just totally killed the series and spoiler[Light's character suffered for it as he became too overconfident]. Near and Mellow were unimpressive to me and all I saw from the last four volumes of the series was way too much talk. Since this will be an original story I am hoping that this will take a different turn than from what is supposed to happen in the manga. Aside from reading the manga I have only seen the first movie and the first DVD from the anime series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:58 am Reply with quote
Near is legitimately my favorite Death Note character. I love that little smug jerk. I hope he's playing with action figures, trains, and stacking dice, and completely frustrating Light just as much as in the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:50 am Reply with quote
I just hope that they won't make another godawful CG dolls of Ryuk and Rem and do them more similar to their appearance in musicals.
cosain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:30 am Reply with quote
Whats the deal tho, it's been what... 10 years since Death Note ended? Figure it's all done and dusted with.

I thought Near was shown in "L Changed the World" as that little kid... But in all honestly i wonder who'd play Light and L.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:24 am Reply with quote
This 'original story' better be good and not feel like some glorified lousy fan fiction. Because I have yet to come across one good fan fic.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:22 am Reply with quote
can't be worse than the near epilogue arc made by the original mangaka anyway.
tootbrush

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote
Still haven't watched the anime past episode 25. It's been stalled there for like 7 years now. :P
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:42 pm Reply with quote
L: Change The World was garbage.

Can't wait.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1