• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
4th Naruto Epilogue Novel's Title, Story, Cover Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:25 am Reply with quote
So Naruto and Hinata get married at age spoiler[21]? That's pretty young.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:34 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Some stories have the characters getting married at like, 17 or 18. This honestly isn't that bad.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:37 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

It's always best to get married at a young age where you'll have more time and energy to spend with your kids. Rolling Eyes 21's not bad. Better then waiting until they were 30 or some shit.
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:30 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Some stories have the characters getting married at like, 17 or 18. This honestly isn't that bad.

In a world where you start your career as a ninja at 12 and are risking your life on missions daily at 15-16, getting married at 21 seems rather late to me!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ushio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:42 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Really? I know that marriage age is 25 and up today but during the 80's in the USA it was 22 for woman and higher for men but 22 was average age in the 1960's for men.

The people I work with currently in there 30's mostly got married between 16 and 19 I guess they didn't get the memo about the marriage age going up lol.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:13 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

No, they get married at age spoiler[19 and 18] respectively. The article is a bit confusingly worded.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

No, they get married at age spoiler[19 and 18] respectively. The article is a bit confusingly worded.

That is just the way the timeline put it. There were no ages listed.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:54 pm Reply with quote
I hope these novels get made into extra anime episodes!

animechic420 wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

It's always best to get married at a young age where you'll have more time and energy to spend with your kids. Rolling Eyes 21's not bad. Better then waiting until they were 30 or some shit.

That's not true...not today anyway. Many people work on their careers until the late 20's. Getting married early and being poor together due to having no proper work is horrible.

Furthermore, you have to be mentally mature to have children. My parents had me at 23 and as I was growing up they yelled at me badly because I pissed them off. My grandmother was my "mom". Now that my parents are older they keep apologizing for treating me that bad. It's because they weren't mentally mature to have me, that maturity comes around the age of 30 for most people.

And even further, marriage is the end of the carefree lifestyle most people in their 20's have. Often times they get married and try to keep that lifestyle - which leads to arguments and high rates of divorces. That's why you almost need to be a goof in your 20's to get it out of your system and be prepared for a married life when you're a grown up and responsible adult.
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
I hope these novels get made into extra anime episodes!

animechic420 wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

That's not true...not today anyway. Many people work on their careers until the late 20's. Getting married early and being poor together due to having no proper work is horrible.

Furthermore, you have to be mentally mature to have children. My parents had me at 23 and as I was growing up they yelled at me badly because I pissed them off. My grandmother was my "mom". Now that my parents are older they keep apologizing for treating me that bad. It's because they weren't mentally mature to have me, that maturity comes around the age of 30 for most people.

And even further, marriage is the end of the carefree lifestyle most people in their 20's have. Often times they get married and try to keep that lifestyle - which leads to arguments and high rates of divorces. That's why you almost need to be a goof in your 20's to get it out of your system and be prepared for a married life when you're a grown up and responsible adult.
Exactly what you said. Getting married young is usually a huge mistake.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:35 am Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
[
In a world where you start your career as a ninja at 12 and are risking your life on missions daily at 15-16, getting married at 21 seems rather late to me!

That is how I look at it. Compared to most situations, yes it is rather young, but a career like that probably puts the characters in a "go for it while you can" frame of mind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1