• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Lupin III Anime to Premiere This Fall With Original Composer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
I wonder if Kobayashi is going to return as Jigen. He's getting on in years but he's a staple in the franchise. Also nice to hear Ohno is returning as well.

He was still Jigen up until the end of 2013, so it'll be likely for him to return. I'll honestly be surprised if they do choose to replace him.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Huh. If Italy gets new Lupin first then will they try to region block it from the United States like we usually do to other countries?
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:59 pm Reply with quote
keichitsu0305 wrote:
Huh. If Italy gets new Lupin first then will they try to region block it from the United States like we usually do to other countries?

It's actually airing on Television, so unless the network streams the broadcast (which they might) run later, I doubt that's really the issue at hand. Honestly, I'm really hoping that mysterious simulcast that's being worked on is the new Lupin series, so we might see it sooner than later.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:02 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:
I wonder if Kobayashi is going to return as Jigen. He's getting on in years but he's a staple in the franchise. Also nice to hear Ohno is returning as well.

He was still Jigen up until the end of 2013, so it'll be likely for him to return. I'll honestly be surprised if they do choose to replace him.

He played him in Jigen's Gravestone as well. But I assume a TV series is more work than a short film, especially if it's a long running one.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:44 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
This better not turn into a Sailor Moon Crystal-type disaster or else everyone will flip their dung.

If we're talking about /quality I think anyone familiar with the original manga and even the green jacket series have gotten acclimated to that.

penguintruth wrote:

If it does get licensed, I hope they don't get Sonny Strait to be Lupin again. The guy tries, but... just, no. That's not Lupin.

His Lupin isn't as bad as his Krillen
Desslok

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Please oh please let this land on DVD as soon as it can!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:51 pm Reply with quote
They should get Italian voices
GEO9875

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:22 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Sorry if this sounds dumb but what do you mean get Italian voices? is this gonna be dubbed in Italian when it airs in Italy already?
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:02 am Reply with quote
dtm: I don't think the expectations will be as high, 'cus Lupin fans are used to weak follow-ups. Laughing

Somer: Whenever he's ready to retire, he'll make it clear. But I'm hoping they scout his replacement soon, 'cus I have a feeling part of why it took so long to get Fujiko off the ground is they waited too long on Naya and Masuyama's back-ups.
KennstarYusuke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:28 am Reply with quote
Wasn't Fujiko Mine the first new Lupin III television series in thirty years? I mean, I know Lupin wasn't the main character but it was a Lupin TV series and it was entitled Lupin III

Also, is anybody who worked on Fujiko Mine going to be working on this? I notice Lupin has the blue jacket from Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:32 am Reply with quote
GEO9875 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Sorry if this sounds dumb but what do you mean get Italian voices? is this gonna be dubbed in Italian when it airs in Italy already?
I think an italian dub is more likely to air rather than japanese with italian subs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:24 am Reply with quote
KennstarYusuke wrote:
Wasn't Fujiko Mine the first new Lupin III television series in thirty years? I mean, I know Lupin wasn't the main character but it was a Lupin TV series and it was entitled Lupin III

I was curious about that, too. I suppose maybe they are making the distinction based on who is the main character of the series.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:30 am Reply with quote
I think that Fujiko anime was meant for a late-night audience and not a prime time one. So I doubt people will get confused about it.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:10 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
His Lupin isn't as bad as his Krillen

What is wrong with you?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:

What is wrong with you?

I can't help it if Sonny decides to make Krillen sound nasally despite Krillen's lack of a nose@_@.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3