• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fate/stay night DVD 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Now comes the fun question for the night; can you figure out Archer's True Name? Surprised

(and if you can figure it out, try to keep it to yourself)
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quote
Not much of a question for those who played the game Very Happy
Anyway, they fucked up Archer's spell in the english version. Damn morons, they just HAD to add words to make it "cooler".
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I know that many people have pointed out the poor grammar in the subs before, so I jotted down a couple of examples since it is hard to recall the exact wording when people ask for examples. At one point Illya says to Shirou "No one come to save you." Later on there is a point where someone says "Like hell I well." I'm sure there are other examples, but these are two that I caught in one pass.

There is also something odd about the AR on this transfer. If you have a television that does not overscan you will notice that there is a good half inch missing on the far right side of the image! This comes and goes between OP/ED credits and previews. There is actually one shot in the second episode of Saber where the image is okay, but once again the image loses the right side after the cut to the next shot. This is really odd, no?

With this volume it is becoming even more obvious that this was originally an erogame. I love how Saber is so nonchalant about Shirou seeing her in the bathroom and in nap on the bench scene in the previous volume, yet seems to be blushing often in this volume. spoiler[I can only imagine it has something to do with her bonding with Shirou and the weird sensation she gets when they come in contact. ] She has become so much more human in this volume, and I find the subtle blushing very endearing.

This series does indeed show Kenji Kawaii at his best. The OST reminds me of the amazing Miyu OVA BGM. HE has a versatility that you don't hear in Kajiura or Hisaishi.
child of Lilith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Anyway, they fucked up Archer's spell in the english version. Damn morons, they just HAD to add words to make it "cooler".

They HAD to add words to fit the mouth flaps, not so it could sound “cooler”.
shadow_Hiei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Bah, the only thing that Saber steals is my yawns. She's not that great. (well, I suppose that she's okay, but she pales in comparison to Rin, Archer, and Rider... she's like Hisui from Tsukihime + combat sense - the moe tendencies that make Hisui so likable)
shadow_Hiei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quote
child of Lilith wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:

They HAD to add words to fit the mouth flaps, not so it could sound “cooler”.

Archer's spell was already in Engrish.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:18 am Reply with quote
shadow_Hiei wrote:

Archer's spell was already in Engrish.

Exactly......so why THE HELL did they need to translate it? It was even gramatically correct
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1