• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gunslinger Stratos (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

This series kills my braincells. spoiler[So you are the Time Keepers and have inter dimensional time travel technology and are trying to prevent two parallel universes from destroying themselves. Which would be an easier cost-effective solution?

A) Inventing an elaborate game where people kill each other to determine which one of their universes you will annihilate and send them future tech to do it with.

Or

B) Simply use time travel to prevent them both from developing the technology that destroys both of them in the first place allowing everyone to live, because they never met or started a war.]
Anime dazed
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

That is disappointing, I kind of spoiler[liked that psycho esper kid]. That he spoiler[turned into sand after using a cube] I wonder if that means that there is a connection spoiler[that the cubes are made of people or something]. Also wonder who the little girl is, spoiler[maybe a descendant of Tohru] actually.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:38 am Reply with quote
@ Kruszer - that's the danger of taking things at face value, isn't it? Your comment is now totally invalid because, for some reason, you chose to blindly accept what the Timekeepers said. Tsk-tsk.

Anyway, I'm finding this a very interesting show. It could have just been a fairly straight ahead shoot 'em up but they are doing some pretty cool stuff.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:33 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ Kruszer - that's the danger of taking things at face value, isn't it? Your comment is now totally invalid because, for some reason, you chose to blindly accept what the Timekeepers said. Tsk-tsk.

Anyway, I'm finding this a very interesting show. It could have just been a fairly straight ahead shoot 'em up but they are doing some pretty cool stuff.

Well what you should have got out of reading that is I think it's utterly illogical, and something is obviously fishy about the Timekeepers. But anyhow after forgetting this show even existed for two weeks, it seems my interest in finding out what's up is very low. I'm going to pseudo-drop this for now and concentrate on other things.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

This was actually a pretty strong finale. Some cool gunplay in the final battle and you usually don't see that amount of closure in endings.

I don't really have strong feelings for the show either way, but I'd lean more on the positive side. The supporting cast never got much focus but the show still plays up their deaths as some emotional thing. Tohru and Kyoka were decent leads though and they made things work okay.

Nothing particularly special about the plot and while I did have moments of confusion it cleared up later.

I don't think I'd actually recommend the show to anyone, but if some one said they wanted to watch it I wouldn't discourage them.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Not a bad finale, it hit a number of good notes and such, although ruins Tohru felt a little hard to understand. It felt pretty easy to see that future girl, Miki, spoiler[would be his descendant in some way, and his granddaughter] fit and it was a good scene.

If I was going to point out a major fault with the series, it would be world building. The world seemed rather complex, but it felt like the most we got about it were several lines in the first episode, and it was not enough. There was an extended cast, but the show did not provide enough focus on these characters that it seemed to want to give itself credit for. I think that these were lost instead for a larger focus on the main character, Tohru, where it wanted to focus on how he felt, which was especially big on his connection to the incident with Sidune. And the it flipped around with his alternate self and with Remy, who was voiced by the always wonderful Miyuki Sawashiro (worth points to me).

I think that it is fair to say that this was not bad, there was a plot in here, it was fairly engaging, but I think that it is as Vaisaga says that there is no real strong feelings about it. The sort of thing that you don't tell people they have to watch it, but no reason to tell someone who has interest to not. I am kind of stuck a bit in rating, but I will give it a So-so, and say that it was just a bit off for "decent".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2