• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:51 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I liked that Shiraishi seems to be spoiler[having fun, that she joined in with her classmates and seems to be enjoying it. Also seem to have had a few cases where she comments on something being cute].[/spoiler]

Remember that she was used to being bullied all the time before she got involved with Yamada. I would expect her to appreciate that just as much has Yamada appreciates the academic boost from he gets from her. Freaky powers aside they both bring something to the relationship.

I am a bit disappointed in both of them in how casual they are to cheat so Yamada can pass. But that's pretty kid-like.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Hmm, I'm not sure why but I wasn't into the latest episode as much as I had hoped. spoiler[Parts I did like is how it gave the viewers more insight on Yamada's past though. Too bad for Nene because even if she fell for him, Yamada's feelings aren't mutual.]

The ending of the episode shows that spoiler[they will be searching for the other witches]. Should be fun. They'll have to discover most of the powers themselves though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

That was an interesting twist, that spoiler[Yamada's power is actually copying the another person's]. It also asks the question of whether spoiler[Shiraishi really needs to use Yamada now].

But really, Odagiri did not spoiler[deserve to be set free of the charm, after all she was doing the same thing to other people, and only should have been given relief after she agreed to free others]. And what they did to him, and playing dirty, they don't really deserve as much sympathy as they were asking.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Sadly, I don't think this show has really developed the protagonist well enough for the question at the end to be interesting. We know things about his personality, but we've really seen nothing about what drives him. I guess it would be thematically consistent to learn that through his interactions with the other witches, but I haven't picked up much aside from "generic nice guy" so far.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

So this week, we got a green haired girl named Otsuka with the ability of telepathy. Cute. Another witch, another power (telepathy), and obviously another kiss for Yamada for this Summer.

I wonder if his lips will be chapped by the time this season is done Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:42 pm Reply with quote
It seems obvious to me that his wish was spoiler[to be like everyone else, so he could fit in and make some friends. The lesson he learns is that he doesn't need to be like everyone to make friends.]

Honestly, I hope it's something less trite than that, since the series has surpassed all my expectations up to now. Smile
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I wonder if his lips will be chapped by the time this season is done Laughing

I continue to find it remarkable at how casual he is when he is in Shiraishi's body. Naked in the bath no less. It isn't like he has lost a male's perspective; he did react when Odagiri appeared.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:39 am Reply with quote
I liked this new witch, her spoiler[personality of being shy on the outside but scary on the inside] was actually pretty fun.

boobs... boobs... boobs... That was great.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:20 am Reply with quote
Such a super-fun show. I wonder how Yamada got to have a witch power since he is a dude? I assume this will be explained at some point.

Sorry to disappoint, Gina, but your explanation as to what Yamada wished for sounds pretty bang on.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I agree that its a fun show, I just wish it wasn't going so fast. slow down a bit and explore the other witch powers some more. that would be nice
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:28 am Reply with quote
Assuming this is a one cours show (12 to 13 eppies) and given that there are 7 witches, that doesn't leave much scope for slowing down a bit. As it is, there may be only 5 or 6 eppies left to discover the remaining 4 witches.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:11 am Reply with quote
yeah, I know, but honesty if slowing down meant we only get to see a couple witches and the only way to see the rest would be through the manga, I'd be totally fine with that.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Assuming this is a one cours show (12 to 13 eppies) and given that there are 7 witches, that doesn't leave much scope for slowing down a bit. As it is, there may be only 5 or 6 eppies left to discover the remaining 4 witches.

It is a 1-cour show.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/02/05-1/yamada-kun-and-the-seven-witches-tv-anime-confirmed-as-12-episode-series

There are still 2 OVA episodes as well (2nd one actually debuted lately)
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
There are still 2 OVA episodes as well (2nd one actually debuted lately)

And if history is any guide CR won't have the OVAs.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

So..Sarushima has the power of spoiler[precognition]. That is one useful ability imo. However, this episode was much more silly than I had thought with Yamada switching bodies with Shiraishi and tries to troll Kentaro Laughing

Also, was that the most lewd kiss ever for this season yet?? I think so.

Next week should be even more amusing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5