• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
High School DxD BorN (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Feels like I am just repeating myself that it is great to just see Koneko happy compared to how she used to seem. Much to like such as bring up that they still have their dealings. I think they should bring the pet thing up again.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Well that was intense. Lesson of the day? Don't piss off Issei. I think Diodora or whatever his name is learned that the hard way. Also, Akeno went a bit on the sadistic mode after hearing about a date offer didn't she? Laughing

And lol, Dress Break + Bilingual...quite a lewd strategy Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Well that was entertaining. Glad to see that Asia is alive. It looked as if Issei was about to lose full control in his incomplete Juggernaut form though until Rias reached out to him.

I also have to say that Issei and Vali's relationship improved quite a bit this episode too. Also nice to see Ophis makes her on screen appearance.

Note: Funimation calls her "Orphis". Her name is spelt as "Ophis".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Was there any point to the "true devil" faction? All of them got merked pretty damn easily.

Three more eye catches left. Should be Rossweisse, Asia, and Rias. No Gasper this season.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quote
For that matter, I have no idea what they had to do with Nipple-Tape-Girl's "everyone just shut up for five freakin' seconds" plan.

Maybe it's just me, but I think there's been a dramatic fun shortfall this season. I can respect that an author wants to evolve a story, but respecting the desire doesn't translate to appreciating the product. I didn't think second season's more serious moments blocked out the fun, but this season definitely feels that way.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:30 am Reply with quote
Well I enjoy a good main chararacter rampage, and this episode had that.
ayanami000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:31 am Reply with quote
It's nice they changed it a bit for the scene that suppose to have the "oppai dragon song". Such a nice change. Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Well....this is different than I had imagined. Anyways, a lot of buildup this episode. And even though Loki locked away, he still is causing damage with his curse on Issei and Rias huh?

A date with destiny next week based on the PV. It'll be interesting to see Issei meet Vali again.
ayanami000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quote
This is one serious episode. I'm more in to this so much is happening. Issie no time to pervyness now huh. Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

So Rias gain a transformation armor of her own....

Not really a big fan of this mind control plot though. And anyways, I think this season is shooting for a big battle again. I bet it will be a bit predictable. Second half of this season has been disappointing imo although I have to admit that the action is good.
ayanami000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
That actually has the KnockBack Rolling Eyes
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

Imo, a bit disappointing season compared to the previous. I just found it a bit odd that they are going anime original but also with how they rushed the final few episodes to highlight Rias/Issei's relationship again.

Well, I hope they give the show another season so they can get to the more important stuff. Cute kiss though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

And now the final episode of the third season of Highschool DAnime hyper. Do want another? Yes, this is an ecchi series with boobs and stuff that I can follow. I think it gets a pass from a lot of scrutiny because it really does have characters that work.

The finale of Issei breaking Rias out of her controlled state, and beating that shard of himself, it felt deserved. Rossweiss joined as the second rook and last member of Rias' household. And we finish the season with.... an oppai dragon childrens song. If Rias was so embarrassed I wonder about Ddrag, who does seem to be thinking more and more things are getting interesting.

For a rating I go with Good, kind of the same with before. In its 3rd season it has still been able to expand on characters and have them grow, that is good. Personal highlight of the season has been Koneko, she finally had her chance to show what she has got.

And final DP note, the song at least of the ED lives up to the series standards, I do look forward to adding it to my playlist. Okay, I might also watch it on Youtube every so often too.
ayanami000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:14 am Reply with quote
To many things have skipped. Now I'm just wandering how they will do this if there's a coming season 4 and by that im waiting for another season 4. Confused
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 36 sure came across as the series finale to me. But maybe I'm just reading things into it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5