• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Psycho Power

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:33 am Reply with quote
Would have loved to try and get into the championship stuff but I'm too lazy to hop on a plane or drive for hours to one of the locations. Based on some of the drama I'm hearing about retries and such, I think sitting this year out may have done me for the best. Hopefully they make it bigger next year.

If Project Treasure operates under the same type of F2P system that Tekken Revolution does (wherein it's basically the full game and I've never had to pay a single penny for it) I'd totally be interested in giving it a look. The actual gameplay looks something like a cross between RE Mercenaries and Left 4 Dead & almost makes me wonder if it would have worked better as a standard $60 buy & play forever kind of game if character cutomisation turns out deep enough.

Am willing to give Fire Emblem If a shot IF we get the version with all 3 scenarios in it. Splitting the game up is pretty ridiculous. Awakening left a VERY bad taste in my mouth with all of the shoddy DLC and just the overall tone of a lot of the characters' personalities.

The GG XRD stuff is worrying me a little bit as a lot of the new characters' (not-returning) designs aren't really resonating with me. Is interesting to see Johnny on there though. I remember back when I was learning the game and thought Johnny was something of a joke, I played someone using him in a competitive setting at a convention and got completely ripped apart. Took the game as a whole a lot more seriously after that.
kurowa-san

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:41 am Reply with quote
I can't put my finger on it, but something about that high score screen seems off.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:42 am Reply with quote
So what is this about Awkward Bathing, Since this was listed in a bolded sub-title, I would have thought there would have been more of a mention or explanation of it in the story.

First thought that it would be some sort of fan service, but why wouldn't you just say that.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:43 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
So what is this about Awkward Bathing, Since this was listed in a bolded sub-title, I would have thought there would have been more of a mention or explanation of it in the story.

First thought that it would be some sort of fan service, but why wouldn't you just say that.

From what I gather from twitter, if you play as a male character, you can get bath scenes with the other male characters. But there's been no word on if a female character will get a bath scene with female characters. At least as far as my twitter feed has commented.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:57 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

From what I gather from twitter, if you play as a male character, you can get bath scenes with the other male characters. But there's been no word on if a female character will get a bath scene with female characters. At least as far as my twitter feed has commented.

Well, that does make sense, since traditional bathing houses are like that. So it is not fan service, but realism.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I have that Dr. Mario game and it's a tad more enjoyable than the originals. I haven't tried multiplayer yet though, I need to get a little better before I try.

I'm also glad Chibi Robo Zip Lash has the Amiibo included as it keeps scalping to a minimum (they'll try for used copies but for the many of us who buy new and don't want to deal with them, this is good news) and the game looked like something that requires the Amiibo anyway so yeah very good news.
PetitePuff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
A later release will have all three routes, and with any luck that'll be the version Nintendo releases in North America.

i would want to play all the routes, so i'm also hoping for that to be the case, even if the whole thing costs a little bit more than standard for a 3DS game Sad (not that i want it to!)

Bravely Second is a ways off yet. Mrgrgr indeed! Mad

Natsume's still fighting, huh? the HM Wars continue! Razz i'm kinda curious to see if they maintain the visual style they established in Lost Valley (did not look appealing to me whatsoever) or if they'll go for a different aesthetic. (on a semi- related note, i've been hooked on Story of Seasons since it came out. i've played over 300 hours... Embarassed)

Quote:
The Japanese public likes the Xbox One about as much as the Japanese public likes root beer

they don't like root beer? but that's the best kind of pop!
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:

Am willing to give Fire Emblem If a shot IF we get the version with all 3 scenarios in it. Splitting the game up is pretty ridiculous.

Considering the fact that both games apparently feature different content and design aesthetics and presumably will have god knows how much text not really.

Quote:
The Japanese public likes the Xbox One about as much as the Japanese public likes root beer or discussing their nation's World War II atrocities.

That's okay Todd we Americans don't like rice balls and there are some people who still consider the bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki justifiable due to the presumed causalities that would've occurred had we invaded the country outright.

FYI the rice balls comment is a joke, the bit about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.......not unfortunately.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:51 am Reply with quote
Dr. Wario already happened in WarioWare: Mega MicroGame$! He didn't stick around with it for very long though.
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Hyped about the new Guilty Gear characters. I was expecting Johnny and I'm guessing my waifu Dizzy is coming but I have this strange feeling that Jam will be announced next.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:47 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

That's okay Todd we Americans don't like rice balls and there are some people who still consider the bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki justifiable due to the presumed causalities that would've occurred had we invaded the country outright.

FYI the rice balls comment is a joke, the bit about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.......not unfortunately.

Yep, there are still some of us around. Probably when WWII becomes ancient, you'll be free to apply modern ideals against the 'war' society that used the bombs, without having a bunch of old fuddy-duddies ruining all your fun.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:36 am Reply with quote
god im really starting to hate(more) nintendo with their seeming stupid marketing plans, the fire emblem amiibos were already hard to find but now their prices will skyrocket unless they plan on reproducing them which i doubt considering their stupid decision not to run anymore gamecube adaptors
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Steins;Gate came out in Europe today, got my two copies! (why not get it on both PS3 and Vita) Both with spoilery art book and I got a metal Upa with the PS3 one. And two badges. But mostly metal Upa! Adorable lil' guy.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
god im really starting to hate(more) nintendo with their seeming stupid marketing plans, the fire emblem amiibos were already hard to find but now their prices will skyrocket unless they plan on reproducing them which i doubt considering their stupid decision not to run anymore gamecube adaptors

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/17/amiibo-in-the-form-of-cards-coming-this-year
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1